FLORENCE, Ariz. — A death-row inmate convicted of killing a Tucson college student after robbing him of $200 is set to be executed Wednesday in what would be Arizona's third execution this year.
Sixty-three-year-old Thomas Arnold Kemp is scheduled to be given a lethal injection at 10 a.m. at the state prison in Florence.
Kemp was sentenced to death for kidnapping 25-year-old Hector Soto Juarez from outside Juarez's Tucson apartment on July 11, 1992, and robbing him before taking him into the desert near Marana and shooting him twice in the head.
Arizona executed Robert Henry Moormann on Feb. 29 and Robert Charles Towery on March 8. Another inmate, Samuel Villegas Lopez, is scheduled to be executed on May 16 for the rape and murder of a Phoenix woman.
Follow Amanda Lee Myers on Twitter at https://twitter.com/(hash)!/AmandaLeeAP
Arizona death row: http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/newDeathRow.aspx
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- Child poverty just dropped for the first time...
- Catholic leaders' deliberations over divorce...
- School police stock up on free military gear
- Here's why church choirs are dying
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 69
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 13
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 11
- School police stock up on free military... 10
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 7