FLORENCE, Ariz. — A death-row inmate convicted of killing a Tucson college student after robbing him of $200 is set to be executed Wednesday in what would be Arizona's third execution this year.
Sixty-three-year-old Thomas Arnold Kemp is scheduled to be given a lethal injection at 10 a.m. at the state prison in Florence.
Kemp was sentenced to death for kidnapping 25-year-old Hector Soto Juarez from outside Juarez's Tucson apartment on July 11, 1992, and robbing him before taking him into the desert near Marana and shooting him twice in the head.
Arizona executed Robert Henry Moormann on Feb. 29 and Robert Charles Towery on March 8. Another inmate, Samuel Villegas Lopez, is scheduled to be executed on May 16 for the rape and murder of a Phoenix woman.
Follow Amanda Lee Myers on Twitter at https://twitter.com/(hash)!/AmandaLeeAP
Arizona death row: http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/newDeathRow.aspx
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- NCAA settles head injury suit, will change rules
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Navajo Generating Station, West's largest...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 43
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10