FLORENCE, Ariz. — A death-row inmate convicted of killing a Tucson college student after robbing him of $200 is set to be executed Wednesday in what would be Arizona's third execution this year.
Sixty-three-year-old Thomas Arnold Kemp is scheduled to be given a lethal injection at 10 a.m. at the state prison in Florence.
Kemp was sentenced to death for kidnapping 25-year-old Hector Soto Juarez from outside Juarez's Tucson apartment on July 11, 1992, and robbing him before taking him into the desert near Marana and shooting him twice in the head.
Arizona executed Robert Henry Moormann on Feb. 29 and Robert Charles Towery on March 8. Another inmate, Samuel Villegas Lopez, is scheduled to be executed on May 16 for the rape and murder of a Phoenix woman.
Follow Amanda Lee Myers on Twitter at https://twitter.com/(hash)!/AmandaLeeAP
Arizona death row: http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/newDeathRow.aspx
- 2 cops in New York City ambushed, fatally...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch
- 9 films advance in Oscars shortlist for best...
- 'Hobbit' goes out on top with $90.6 million...
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 16
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 8