FLORENCE, Ariz. — A death-row inmate convicted of killing a Tucson college student after robbing him of $200 is set to be executed Wednesday in what would be Arizona's third execution this year.
Sixty-three-year-old Thomas Arnold Kemp is scheduled to be given a lethal injection at 10 a.m. at the state prison in Florence.
Kemp was sentenced to death for kidnapping 25-year-old Hector Soto Juarez from outside Juarez's Tucson apartment on July 11, 1992, and robbing him before taking him into the desert near Marana and shooting him twice in the head.
Arizona executed Robert Henry Moormann on Feb. 29 and Robert Charles Towery on March 8. Another inmate, Samuel Villegas Lopez, is scheduled to be executed on May 16 for the rape and murder of a Phoenix woman.
Follow Amanda Lee Myers on Twitter at https://twitter.com/(hash)!/AmandaLeeAP
Arizona death row: http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/newDeathRow.aspx
- University of Phoenix founder dies, leaving...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- A New York Times article said Michael Brown...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death...
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately at...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 33
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- 10 things to know about corporate... 27
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 24
- Obama back at White House after summer... 17
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14