Erik S. Lesser, Associated Press
The federal government has fabulous amounts of unused land. Why not let legitimate charities use the land to dry farm and create food? The food must be used to feed foreign recipients.
Such a wonderful benefit to feed the starving in the world. The land would still be in the control of the government for other uses if needed. Food going to a foreign country would not be in competition with farmers or anyone else.
Ralph F. Clarke
Salt Lake City
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 47
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 30
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: No limits 20