Sports Illustrated: Tonight's Utah Jazz-Phoenix Suns matchup could be season's biggest game
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Our take: The Jazz haven't gotten too much national attention since John Stockton retired and Karl Malone headed to Hollywood, and even less since Deron Williams' ignominious exit. But Zach Lowe of Sports Illustrated claims that tonight's game against the Phoenix Suns could be more important than any other matchup in this lockout-shortened season.
During the regular season we tend to focus on the matchups between elite teams, hoping to perhaps learn something about how Player X performs on the big stage, or how the Spurs deal with the Lakers' size advantage. But those games arent really "big" in the macro sense. Elite teams are going to make the playoffs, generally advance pretty far and eventually have to beat another elite team four times in seven tries.
But tonight's Suns-Jazz game, in Utah? That's a big a regular-season game, one that will likely decide the eighth seed in the Western Conference. Let's review the stakes and preview this bad boy.
Read the full article: Biggest game of the year: Suns-Jazz?
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22