Sports Illustrated: Tonight's Utah Jazz-Phoenix Suns matchup could be season's biggest game
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Our take: The Jazz haven't gotten too much national attention since John Stockton retired and Karl Malone headed to Hollywood, and even less since Deron Williams' ignominious exit. But Zach Lowe of Sports Illustrated claims that tonight's game against the Phoenix Suns could be more important than any other matchup in this lockout-shortened season.
During the regular season we tend to focus on the matchups between elite teams, hoping to perhaps learn something about how Player X performs on the big stage, or how the Spurs deal with the Lakers' size advantage. But those games arent really "big" in the macro sense. Elite teams are going to make the playoffs, generally advance pretty far and eventually have to beat another elite team four times in seven tries.
But tonight's Suns-Jazz game, in Utah? That's a big a regular-season game, one that will likely decide the eighth seed in the Western Conference. Let's review the stakes and preview this bad boy.
Read the full article: Biggest game of the year: Suns-Jazz?
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20