Sports Illustrated: Tonight's Utah Jazz-Phoenix Suns matchup could be season's biggest game
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Our take: The Jazz haven't gotten too much national attention since John Stockton retired and Karl Malone headed to Hollywood, and even less since Deron Williams' ignominious exit. But Zach Lowe of Sports Illustrated claims that tonight's game against the Phoenix Suns could be more important than any other matchup in this lockout-shortened season.
During the regular season we tend to focus on the matchups between elite teams, hoping to perhaps learn something about how Player X performs on the big stage, or how the Spurs deal with the Lakers' size advantage. But those games arent really "big" in the macro sense. Elite teams are going to make the playoffs, generally advance pretty far and eventually have to beat another elite team four times in seven tries.
But tonight's Suns-Jazz game, in Utah? That's a big a regular-season game, one that will likely decide the eighth seed in the Western Conference. Let's review the stakes and preview this bad boy.
Read the full article: Biggest game of the year: Suns-Jazz?
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Prep sports: All-Sports awards feature 2...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Utah Jazz: Terry Rozier’s toughness...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 40
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 17
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 13
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11