Tribeca Film Festival, Associated Press
NEW YORK — In a case of life imitating art, two Cuban actors have gone missing en route to their film's premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Javier Nunez Florian and Analin de la Rua de la Torre disappeared in Miami during a layover last week. The film, "Una Noche," premiered at Tribeca on Thursday.
Where the 20-year-old actors went remains unknown, but they are assumed to have defected. A third actor, Dariel Arrechada, continued on to New York where he has participated in the festival. He is scheduled to return to Cuba.
"Una Noche" is about teenagers struggling in poverty who decide to defect to the United States. Director Lucy Mulloy shot the film in Cuba.
The festival said in a statement that it has not had any contact with the actors.
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Two powerful forces make American families...
- 14 potential signs of autism you may be...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- Two powerful forces make American... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 11
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 9
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- TSA offering $15,000 for best airport... 8
- Deal to improve veterans' health care... 6