Tribeca Film Festival, Associated Press
NEW YORK — In a case of life imitating art, two Cuban actors have gone missing en route to their film's premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Javier Nunez Florian and Analin de la Rua de la Torre disappeared in Miami during a layover last week. The film, "Una Noche," premiered at Tribeca on Thursday.
Where the 20-year-old actors went remains unknown, but they are assumed to have defected. A third actor, Dariel Arrechada, continued on to New York where he has participated in the festival. He is scheduled to return to Cuba.
"Una Noche" is about teenagers struggling in poverty who decide to defect to the United States. Director Lucy Mulloy shot the film in Cuba.
The festival said in a statement that it has not had any contact with the actors.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- BET Awards full of Prince tributes and...
- Big ruling for abortion rights in Supreme...
- What to know about Supreme Court tossing...
- Getting overdose antidote with painkillers...
- Senate Democrats block GOP's Zika funding bill
- Quiz: Which hike in Zion National Park is...
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Big ruling for abortion rights in... 36
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13
- Family searches for answers after... 11
- Grizzly kills mountain biker near... 9
- Senate Democrats block GOP's Zika... 4