Tribeca Film Festival, Associated Press
NEW YORK — In a case of life imitating art, two Cuban actors have gone missing en route to their film's premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Javier Nunez Florian and Analin de la Rua de la Torre disappeared in Miami during a layover last week. The film, "Una Noche," premiered at Tribeca on Thursday.
Where the 20-year-old actors went remains unknown, but they are assumed to have defected. A third actor, Dariel Arrechada, continued on to New York where he has participated in the festival. He is scheduled to return to Cuba.
"Una Noche" is about teenagers struggling in poverty who decide to defect to the United States. Director Lucy Mulloy shot the film in Cuba.
The festival said in a statement that it has not had any contact with the actors.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 100
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 69
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 50
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34