Tribeca Film Festival, Associated Press
NEW YORK — In a case of life imitating art, two Cuban actors have gone missing en route to their film's premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Javier Nunez Florian and Analin de la Rua de la Torre disappeared in Miami during a layover last week. The film, "Una Noche," premiered at Tribeca on Thursday.
Where the 20-year-old actors went remains unknown, but they are assumed to have defected. A third actor, Dariel Arrechada, continued on to New York where he has participated in the festival. He is scheduled to return to Cuba.
"Una Noche" is about teenagers struggling in poverty who decide to defect to the United States. Director Lucy Mulloy shot the film in Cuba.
The festival said in a statement that it has not had any contact with the actors.
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- Here’s a look at Disney’s newest...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three people...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling and Lexi Walker...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 21
- Mental health vs. gun control: The... 14
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Pope asserts marriage is forever at... 5
- Construction, manufacturing employees... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3