As a purely financial matter, Netflix's quarterly report should not have precipitated the absolute shellacking that the company's stock suffered after-hours Monday, wiping out about $1 billion in shareholder equity. The company's loss wasnt as bad as Wall Street expected, and while its second quarter projections were light, they were only just so. Thats why I think Netflixs 16% after-hours swoon is really being driven by emotional factors, as increasingly nervous shareholders seem to be losing patience with the companys stalling growth and rocky transition from DVD rentals to video streaming.
Read more at Time.com: Netflix Horror Show: The Real Reason Shares Plunged 17%
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- Balancing act: List of top work-from-home...
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats...
- University of Utah launches community solar...
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Why small businesses want a higher minimum wage
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 44
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17
- University of Utah launches community... 13
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 9
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Why small businesses want a higher... 6
- Sierra Club labels Utah oil shale, tar... 5