Netflix Horror Show: The Real Reason Shares Plunged 17%
As a purely financial matter, Netflix's quarterly report should not have precipitated the absolute shellacking that the company's stock suffered after-hours Monday, wiping out about $1 billion in shareholder equity. The company's loss wasnt as bad as Wall Street expected, and while its second quarter projections were light, they were only just so. Thats why I think Netflixs 16% after-hours swoon is really being driven by emotional factors, as increasingly nervous shareholders seem to be losing patience with the companys stalling growth and rocky transition from DVD rentals to video streaming.
Read more at Time.com: Netflix Horror Show: The Real Reason Shares Plunged 17%
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make comparisons when...
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000 —...
- 12 kinds of office emails you'll get tonight
- UTA to upgrade downtown Salt Lake TRAX stations
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal
- Facebook makes the most obvious move ever...
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in Moab...
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in mid-air
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14
- 12 women who should be on dollar bills 12
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in... 7
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 5
- Balancing act: Readers dispute... 4
- New grant money helps combat air pollution 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 4
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal 3