HOUSTON — Jordan Schafer hit his first career grand slam, Carlos Lee homered and Wandy Rodriguez pitched three-hit ball through seven innings Sunday as the Houston Astros avoided a sweep with a 12-0 romp over the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Rodriguez (1-2) struck out six and walked three to get his first win of the season and lower his ERA to 1.42. Fernando Rodriguez and Brandon Lyon pitched an inning each to complete the shutout, which was the first of the year for Los Angeles.
Lee got things going with his two-run shot to left field in the first inning. Schafer's slam came an inning later and was just the second career grand slam Chad Billingsley (2-1) has allowed in his seven-year career and the first since 2008.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24