From there, Flyers fans started their derisive chants of "Fleur-rrrrry! Fleur-rrrrry!" He was rattled more by the Flyers in the second period than the crowd noise.
Nothing shook Bryzgalov en route to 30 saves.
"He was our best player on the ice tonight," Giroux said.
Erik Gustafsson was all alone when he fired an uncontested shot from just above the circle for a 3-0 lead.
Gustafsson scored one goal all season. The Flyers put his face on the big screen as he sat on the bench, and the crowd erupted and gave him a standing ovation. Gustafsson cracked a small smile when he looked up at the video board and realized those screaming fans were all for him.
The 3-0 lead looked shaky for a moment when Malkin scored his third of the series to make it 3-1. The Penguins had 19 goals over Games 2-4 and certainly had the firepower to rally one more time.
The Flyers silenced the Penguins 34 seconds later when Danny Briere's shot trickled between Fleury's sprawled legs for his fifth goal of the series and a 4-1 lead. Brayden Schenn added an empty-netter in the final seconds.
The Penguins were the odds-on favorite to win the Stanley Cup and could find the early elimination leads to sweeping changes on the roster.
"Being down 3-0, we were confident, and we remained confident, but we just ran out," Penguins forward Jordan Staal said.
Flyers fans chanted "We don't like you!" in the waning moments, a poke at Crosby's comments that he didn't like anyone on the Flyers.
The testy series concluded with a peaceful handshake line — and the Flyers having several days of rest to find out their next opponent before the next round begins.
Notes: The Flyers set a team record for power-play goals in a series. ... Giroux had six goals and eight assists in the series.
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still dismissed...
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Utah Jazz: 'Hungry' Trey Burke keeping busy...
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 99
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32