From there, Flyers fans started their derisive chants of "Fleur-rrrrry! Fleur-rrrrry!" He was rattled more by the Flyers in the second period than the crowd noise.
Nothing shook Bryzgalov en route to 30 saves.
"He was our best player on the ice tonight," Giroux said.
Erik Gustafsson was all alone when he fired an uncontested shot from just above the circle for a 3-0 lead.
Gustafsson scored one goal all season. The Flyers put his face on the big screen as he sat on the bench, and the crowd erupted and gave him a standing ovation. Gustafsson cracked a small smile when he looked up at the video board and realized those screaming fans were all for him.
The 3-0 lead looked shaky for a moment when Malkin scored his third of the series to make it 3-1. The Penguins had 19 goals over Games 2-4 and certainly had the firepower to rally one more time.
The Flyers silenced the Penguins 34 seconds later when Danny Briere's shot trickled between Fleury's sprawled legs for his fifth goal of the series and a 4-1 lead. Brayden Schenn added an empty-netter in the final seconds.
The Penguins were the odds-on favorite to win the Stanley Cup and could find the early elimination leads to sweeping changes on the roster.
"Being down 3-0, we were confident, and we remained confident, but we just ran out," Penguins forward Jordan Staal said.
Flyers fans chanted "We don't like you!" in the waning moments, a poke at Crosby's comments that he didn't like anyone on the Flyers.
The testy series concluded with a peaceful handshake line — and the Flyers having several days of rest to find out their next opponent before the next round begins.
Notes: The Flyers set a team record for power-play goals in a series. ... Giroux had six goals and eight assists in the series.
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Hood, Hayward help Jazz eclipse Suns for...
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for fouling strategy
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 100
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 83
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 61
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22