From there, Flyers fans started their derisive chants of "Fleur-rrrrry! Fleur-rrrrry!" He was rattled more by the Flyers in the second period than the crowd noise.
Nothing shook Bryzgalov en route to 30 saves.
"He was our best player on the ice tonight," Giroux said.
Erik Gustafsson was all alone when he fired an uncontested shot from just above the circle for a 3-0 lead.
Gustafsson scored one goal all season. The Flyers put his face on the big screen as he sat on the bench, and the crowd erupted and gave him a standing ovation. Gustafsson cracked a small smile when he looked up at the video board and realized those screaming fans were all for him.
The 3-0 lead looked shaky for a moment when Malkin scored his third of the series to make it 3-1. The Penguins had 19 goals over Games 2-4 and certainly had the firepower to rally one more time.
The Flyers silenced the Penguins 34 seconds later when Danny Briere's shot trickled between Fleury's sprawled legs for his fifth goal of the series and a 4-1 lead. Brayden Schenn added an empty-netter in the final seconds.
The Penguins were the odds-on favorite to win the Stanley Cup and could find the early elimination leads to sweeping changes on the roster.
"Being down 3-0, we were confident, and we remained confident, but we just ran out," Penguins forward Jordan Staal said.
Flyers fans chanted "We don't like you!" in the waning moments, a poke at Crosby's comments that he didn't like anyone on the Flyers.
The testy series concluded with a peaceful handshake line — and the Flyers having several days of rest to find out their next opponent before the next round begins.
Notes: The Flyers set a team record for power-play goals in a series. ... Giroux had six goals and eight assists in the series.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 141
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 32
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 18
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16