The Golden State Warriors had big offseason plans for Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut.
It looks as if they're going to need a new blueprint now.
Curry and Bogut are each headed for another surgery on their injured ankles, casting a shadow over the future of Golden State's new franchise tandem.
General manager Larry Riley said Saturday that arthroscopic surgery on Curry's troublesome right ankle will be "exploratory" to see if a more serious operation is needed again. He called the scope on Bogut's fractured left ankle to clean up loose particles "routine" and ruled out any possibility the 7-foot center would play for Australia's Olympic team this summer.
Curry had surgery to repair a tendon in his ankle last summer. He repeatedly sprained the ankle this season while playing only 26 games, the last coming against Dallas on March 10.
HOWARD HAS SURGERY: Dwight Howard is making his first steps toward recovery from season-ending back surgery.
The All-Star center for the Orlando Magic was scheduled to begin his post-operative walking program Saturday, one day after a herniated disc was repaired and some fragments removed during a procedure in Los Angeles. Howard's surgeon, Dr. Robert Watkins Sr., said Friday's operation was "uneventful" and Howard was resting comfortably.
"The more formal core stabilization program will begin in three weeks," Watkins Sr., who was assisted in the procedure by son Dr. Robert Watkins Jr., said in a statement. "The timing of his return to basketball will depend on his response to the rehabilitation program. We anticipate a full recovery."
Howard will miss the remainder of the Orlando season, including playoffs. He also will not play for the United States this summer at the London Olympics.
"Nobody wants to play without Dwight headed into the playoffs," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said Friday.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- BYU's Hill has come a long way since loss at...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will not go...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go...
- Peavler: 3 is a magic number for BYU after...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 121
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 72
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 71
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 52
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 45