COMMERCE, Colo. — Landon Donovan scored in the 39th minute and goalkeeper Josh Saunders stopped a penalty kick in added time as the Los Angeles Galaxy earned their first road win, a 2-1 victory over the Rapids on Saturday night.
Saunders made a diving save on a penalty kick by Omar Cummings.
David Beckham played after being questionable with back spasms.
DYNAMO 2, CREW 2: At Columbus, Ohio, Brian Ching scored the tying goal in the 81st minute to give Houston a draw.
FIRE 3, TORONTO FC 2: At Toronto, Patrick Nyarko scored in the 58th minute. Toronto (0-6-0) is tied for the second-worst start in MLS history.
WHITECAPS 1, FC DALLAS 0: At Vancouver, British Columbia, Camilo Sanvezzo scored the lone goal in the 11th minute.
UNION 1, CHIVAS USA 0: At Carson, Calif., Freddy Adu scored his first goal of the season as Philadelphia handed Chivas USA their fourth straight home loss.
TIMBERS 1, SPORTING KC 0: At Portland, Ore., an own goal spoiled Sporting Kansas City's quest for an eighth straight victory.
REAL MADRID 2, BARCELONA 1: At Madrid, Real Madrid's victory virtually guarantees the whites the Spanish Liga title.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48