Matt York, Associated Press
PHOENIX — Ty Lawson went 5 of 5 on 3-pointers and had 29 points and 10 assists to lead Denver to a 118-107 victory over the Phoenix Suns on Saturday that clinched a playoff berth for the Nuggets.
The Suns fell a half-game behind Utah for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference. The Jazz played at home against Orlando on Saturday night. Phoenix plays at Utah on Tuesday and holds the tiebreaker over the Jazz.
Steve Nash of the Suns had 13 assists, nine in the first quarter, and passed Oscar Robertson into fifth place on the NBA's career list. The Suns lost Channing Frye to a shoulder injury in the second quarter.
Shannon Brown scored 28 points for Phoenix, including a career-best 6 3s.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 40
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 38
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6