April L. Brown, Associated Press
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Arkansas ended a chaotic spring caused by the firing of coach Bobby Petrino with a scrimmage that showed the Razorbacks still have reasons to be hopeful for a good season.
Tyler Wilson was 31-of-41 passing for 467 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Red team to a 65-0 win over the White in the spring game.
Petrino was fired April 10 following the revelation that he hired his mistress to a position in the football program and had paid her $20,000. Arkansas did its best to put Petrino behind it Saturday, taking the field in front of an announced crowd of 45,250 — besting last season's previous best of 42,000.
Wilson threw for 404 yards in the first half. He connected on two touchdown passes to Chris Gragg.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs....
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 47
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26