Oxford Eagle, Bruce Newman) MAGS OUT, NO SALES, MANDATORY CREDIT, Associated Press
OXFORD, Miss. — Mississippi junior Bo Wallace completed 16 of 26 passes for 240 yards, two touchdowns and an interception to lead the Red team over the Blue 24-23 in overtime during Saturday's Grove Bowl at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
Wallace and junior Barry Brunetti have been competing for the starting job all spring. Brunetti completed 4 of 10 passes for 62 yards and also rushed for 109 yards on 14 carries.
First-year coach Hugh Freeze said both quarterbacks had good moments during the two-hour spring game and the competition would likely extend into preseason practice during August. Freeze also said he could see a scenario where both quarterbacks would play a considerable role in the fall.
Vincent Sanders caught five passes for 89 yards. Ja-Mes Logan and Donte Moncrief both had two touchdown catches.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48