Morry Gash, Associated Press
MILWAUKEE — Michael Cuddyer hit a tiebreaking RBI single off closer John Axford in the ninth inning Friday night, and the Colorado Rockies held on to beat the Milwaukee Brewers 4-3.
Norichika Aoki hit an inside-the-park home run for Milwaukee in the fourth, the first major league homer for the former Japanese baseball batting champion. Aoki added a double and scored a run in the sixth.
Todd Helton hit his second home run of the season and Troy Tulowitzki had a single and an RBI double for the Rockies.
Ryan Braun went 0 for 3 but did reach base when he was hit by a pitch. Braun is 0 for 14 in the first four games of the Brewers' current homestand.
Rafael Betancourt pitched the ninth for his fourth save, leaving a runner on third base.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28