Morry Gash, Associated Press
MILWAUKEE — Michael Cuddyer hit a tiebreaking RBI single off closer John Axford in the ninth inning Friday night, and the Colorado Rockies held on to beat the Milwaukee Brewers 4-3.
Norichika Aoki hit an inside-the-park home run for Milwaukee in the fourth, the first major league homer for the former Japanese baseball batting champion. Aoki added a double and scored a run in the sixth.
Todd Helton hit his second home run of the season and Troy Tulowitzki had a single and an RBI double for the Rockies.
Ryan Braun went 0 for 3 but did reach base when he was hit by a pitch. Braun is 0 for 14 in the first four games of the Brewers' current homestand.
Rafael Betancourt pitched the ninth for his fourth save, leaving a runner on third base.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27