Morry Gash, Associated Press
MILWAUKEE — Michael Cuddyer hit a tiebreaking RBI single off closer John Axford in the ninth inning Friday night, and the Colorado Rockies held on to beat the Milwaukee Brewers 4-3.
Norichika Aoki hit an inside-the-park home run for Milwaukee in the fourth, the first major league homer for the former Japanese baseball batting champion. Aoki added a double and scored a run in the sixth.
Todd Helton hit his second home run of the season and Troy Tulowitzki had a single and an RBI double for the Rockies.
Ryan Braun went 0 for 3 but did reach base when he was hit by a pitch. Braun is 0 for 14 in the first four games of the Brewers' current homestand.
Rafael Betancourt pitched the ninth for his fourth save, leaving a runner on third base.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 95
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 79
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 60
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 43
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43