Decision 2012: Utah GOP, Democratic state convention coverage, delegate information
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
This live Twitter feed event is following #utpol, #utgop and #utdem, as well as our panel of Utah delegates, @UTDelegates. We will keep this live event going throughout the day during the nominating conventions.
A live look at today's Utah GOP state nominating convention.
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis of this year's local and national races.
Candidates from political parties running in major races are up for nomination, as some 4,000 Republican delegates and 2,700 Democratic delegates will decide which candidates advance — and which, if any, will face a primary run-off election in June, the next opportunity for every Utah voter to participate.
State delegates will attend their respective party's state conventions to choose candidates for federal and statewide offices like governor. Both the Democratic and Republican state conventions are being held today.
Following are links of recent coverage and other relevant sources.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Drug deal messages pop up on tablet parents...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Former Springville High student arrested for...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15