Decision 2012: Utah GOP, Democratic state convention coverage, delegate information
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
This live Twitter feed event is following #utpol, #utgop and #utdem, as well as our panel of Utah delegates, @UTDelegates. We will keep this live event going throughout the day during the nominating conventions.
A live look at today's Utah GOP state nominating convention.
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis of this year's local and national races.
Candidates from political parties running in major races are up for nomination, as some 4,000 Republican delegates and 2,700 Democratic delegates will decide which candidates advance — and which, if any, will face a primary run-off election in June, the next opportunity for every Utah voter to participate.
State delegates will attend their respective party's state conventions to choose candidates for federal and statewide offices like governor. Both the Democratic and Republican state conventions are being held today.
Following are links of recent coverage and other relevant sources.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17