Decision 2012: Utah GOP, Democratic state convention coverage, delegate information
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
This live Twitter feed event is following #utpol, #utgop and #utdem, as well as our panel of Utah delegates, @UTDelegates. We will keep this live event going throughout the day during the nominating conventions.
A live look at today's Utah GOP state nominating convention.
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis of this year's local and national races.
Candidates from political parties running in major races are up for nomination, as some 4,000 Republican delegates and 2,700 Democratic delegates will decide which candidates advance — and which, if any, will face a primary run-off election in June, the next opportunity for every Utah voter to participate.
State delegates will attend their respective party's state conventions to choose candidates for federal and statewide offices like governor. Both the Democratic and Republican state conventions are being held today.
Following are links of recent coverage and other relevant sources.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- A year later, a look at the Utah decision on...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on...
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Willard hunting guide shot while accompanying...
- Police searching for two men following...
- Police search for two suspects in downtown...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 75
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 53
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 35
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 29
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Plan to relocate prison to Salt Lake... 14