I would hope that our delegates at the state political conventions would not repeat the debacle of the bullying out of office of Sen. Bob Bennett in the last election. I will forever remember Sen. Mike Lee, with the help of his buddies, as the person that bullied Bennett right out of office so that he, Mike Lee, could have it.
Bennett, as the incumbent, wasn't even allowed to participate in the primary election. What a travesty. Let us hope that this isn't repeated with Sen. Orrin Hatch. I appeal to the caucus delegates to not bully Hatch out of office.
Hatch is at his pinnacle of service to the state of Utah and the nation. If re-elected he can give Utah and the nation the greatest service of his political career. Please delegates, vote for Hatch to be kept in office. We need him, badly.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 38
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 32