A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
CES Fireside: Elder Marlin K. Jensen, May 6, 6 p.m. MDT (see cesfiresides.lds.org )
Multistate YSA Conference 2012: May 18-20, Springdale and Fayetteville, Arkansas (register at ozarkysa.com )
Time Out for Women and Time Out for Girls: May 4-5, Long Beach Convention Center, theater, 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach (see www.tofw.com and deseretbook.com/timeout/tofg for registration, cost, presenters and other information)
Erie: Adoption Awareness 5K run/walk, May 19 (see coloradofsa.blogspot.com/2012/04/adoption-awareness-5k-walkrun.html for information)
Denver: Central Region Families Supporting Adoption Conference (for adoptive and birth families), June 8-9 (see centralregionfsa.blogspot.com/2012/03/central-region-families-supporting.html for information)
Tampa: "Choose to be Great," Regional YSA Conference, June 22-24 (see ysaconference.org or contact Jane French 813-928-4465) for registration information
BYU— Idaho (Rexburg): Vocaldente, April 26-27, Barrus Concert Hall; Diamond Rio, May 4, Hart Auditorium; Josh Wright, May 11; Mirari Brass Quintet, May 15; "An Evening with Bill Cosby," June 8, Hart Auditorium; Alyson Cambridge, June 28; "Patriots and Pioneers," a tribute performed by university choirs and the Symphony Band, July 14, BYU-Idaho Center; Jon Schmidt and Steven Sharp Perry, July 26 (see www.byui.edu/ticketsor by calling 208-496-3170)
Washington D.C. Temple Visitors' Center: Textile exhibit, "Family Ties," daily, though April 30; Mormon Choir Easter Concert, April 14, 7 p.m.; Why I Believe: President and Sister Swinton, April 15, 7 p.m.; Fan-Ya Lin concert, April 21, 7 p.m.; Night of Inspiration and Music, April 22, 7 p.m.; "Artist, Interrupted," April 28, 7 p.m.; Northern Virginia Institute Choir, April 29, 7 p.m.; Utah Valley University Chamber Choir, May 6, 7 p.m.; Night of Music and Inspiration, May 8, 7:30 p.m.; BYU-Hawaii Alumni Chapter, May 12, 7 p.m.; Lyons Sister, May 13, 7 p.m.; Why I Believe: Olga Campora, May 20, 7 p.m. (see www.mormon.org/dc)
Independence Visitors Center: "Witnesses of Christ," art exhibit by Liz Lemon Swindle, through April 30, Independence Visitors Center, 927 W. Walnut, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. (call 816-836-3477 for information)
Kansas City Missouri Temple: Open house, through April 28, closed Sundays (tickets required, see kansascitymormontemple.org ); dedication, May 6 (tickets from a bishop or branch president required)
Time Out for Women: May 4-5, Long Beach Convention Center, theater, 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach (see www.tofw.com for registration, cost, presenters and other information)
Las Vegas: Workshop: "Especially For Families" (for LDS adoptive families), April 28 (see nevadafsa.blogspot.com/2012/04/especially-for-families-workshop.html for information)
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Russians' views on religion are changing, and...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 31
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 30
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 23
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 17
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 12
- Russians' views on religion are... 9
- LDS World: Western author Wallace... 6