Indians closer Chris Perez has been fined $750 by Major League Baseball for a "reckless" message on his Twitter account after a benches-clearing incident in Kansas City.
After pitchers for the Indians and Royals hit batters, touching off two benches-clearing incidents last Saturday, Perez posted a message on his account that said: "Huge team win tonight; time for a sweep to tell the Royals it's not 'Our Time', it's (hash)TribeTime. P.S. You hit us, we hit you. Period."
On Wednesday, Perez received a fine from major league baseball's Joe Garagiola Jr., who told Perez he "demonstrated a reckless disregard for the safety of the players on both clubs."
Perez told the team's website that he's "not going to change the way I tweet." Perez said doesn't think he broke any rules.
Perez earned his fourth save Thursday for the Indians, who open a three-game series in Oakland on Friday.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21