Indians closer Chris Perez has been fined $750 by Major League Baseball for a "reckless" message on his Twitter account after a benches-clearing incident in Kansas City.
After pitchers for the Indians and Royals hit batters, touching off two benches-clearing incidents last Saturday, Perez posted a message on his account that said: "Huge team win tonight; time for a sweep to tell the Royals it's not 'Our Time', it's (hash)TribeTime. P.S. You hit us, we hit you. Period."
On Wednesday, Perez received a fine from major league baseball's Joe Garagiola Jr., who told Perez he "demonstrated a reckless disregard for the safety of the players on both clubs."
Perez told the team's website that he's "not going to change the way I tweet." Perez said doesn't think he broke any rules.
Perez earned his fourth save Thursday for the Indians, who open a three-game series in Oakland on Friday.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 22