Indians closer Chris Perez has been fined $750 by Major League Baseball for a "reckless" message on his Twitter account after a benches-clearing incident in Kansas City.
After pitchers for the Indians and Royals hit batters, touching off two benches-clearing incidents last Saturday, Perez posted a message on his account that said: "Huge team win tonight; time for a sweep to tell the Royals it's not 'Our Time', it's (hash)TribeTime. P.S. You hit us, we hit you. Period."
On Wednesday, Perez received a fine from major league baseball's Joe Garagiola Jr., who told Perez he "demonstrated a reckless disregard for the safety of the players on both clubs."
Perez told the team's website that he's "not going to change the way I tweet." Perez said doesn't think he broke any rules.
Perez earned his fourth save Thursday for the Indians, who open a three-game series in Oakland on Friday.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30