Indians closer Chris Perez has been fined $750 by Major League Baseball for a "reckless" message on his Twitter account after a benches-clearing incident in Kansas City.
After pitchers for the Indians and Royals hit batters, touching off two benches-clearing incidents last Saturday, Perez posted a message on his account that said: "Huge team win tonight; time for a sweep to tell the Royals it's not 'Our Time', it's (hash)TribeTime. P.S. You hit us, we hit you. Period."
On Wednesday, Perez received a fine from major league baseball's Joe Garagiola Jr., who told Perez he "demonstrated a reckless disregard for the safety of the players on both clubs."
Perez told the team's website that he's "not going to change the way I tweet." Perez said doesn't think he broke any rules.
Perez earned his fourth save Thursday for the Indians, who open a three-game series in Oakland on Friday.
- BYU earns NCAA at-large bid; will face Oregon...
- Breaking down the field: A look at the 68...
- Jimmer Fredette thinks Bulls give him ideal...
- BYU's No. 10 seed surprises national media
- BYU's NCAA tournament fate: 'Anything could...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Kyle Collinsworth already...
- Brad Rock: NCAA can't ignore BYU's tournament...
- Utes headed to NIT game at Saint Mary's
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 114
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- BYU earns NCAA at-large bid; will face... 80
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in... 75
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 44
- Utes headed to NIT game at Saint Mary's 31
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes advance... 30
- Bubble watch: BYU playing the waiting game 20