Jae C. Hong, File, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — A Secret Service supervisor who has been forced out of the agency amid a prostitution scandal joked on his Facebook page that he was "really checking her out" as he protected former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin while working on her security detail during the 2008 campaign.
David Chaney, who was one of two supervisors forced out of the agency this week, made the comment on a photo of Palin that showed him standing the background posted on his Facebook page in January 2009.
Details of the photo comments were first reported by The Washington Post. Speaking to Fox News, Palin said the scandal is "a symptom of government run amok."
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels, with or...
- Sex education should start sooner, study finds
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- Sorting out the claims after pipe break: Who...
- The creepiest Internet-related happenings of...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 53
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 47
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 43
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 37
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 30
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 28
- House leaders abandon border bill 25
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 14