Even the president is afraid to run on his own record, so he uses distraction as the surrogate for his "obaminable" record. Standing with the Occupy Wall Street crowd, he assails the wealthy for not paying enough taxes, completely ignoring the fact that this country has a spending problem; too much government, too many useless agencies and programs, too many highly paid government employees.
There is no revenue problem. Pity this country if we are suckered into four more years of this insanity.
Frank C. Overfelt
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- My view: Online purchases are not tax-free
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- In our opinion: National security and... 30
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 23
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 11