"I tend to think because of my position as an AD at a Division I school that spending a full four years is going to benefit almost every player, not just from a football standpoint but walking away with a degree is important in today's world, too," West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck, Andrew's father, said Wednesday. "The emotional development that comes with completing the cycle with the class that you came in with, I think that last aspect is very special.
"Plus, I think the vast majority of cases, it's beneficial to come back and play that third and fourth year in many cases," he added.
Luck will be far from the only new face in Indy.
Grigson replaced the father-son front office tandem of Bill and Chris Polian in January, then brought in new coach Chuck Pagano to replace the fired Jim Caldwell. Pagano has almost an entirely new staff, and some players have even found new spots for their lockers.
The biggest change, of course, is not seeing No. 18 around town.
Two days after Manning's release, the Colts cut other veterans including defensive captains Gary Brackett and Melvin Bullitt, Pro Bowl tight end Dallas Clark and running back Joseph Addai. Longtime center Jeff Saturday, receiver Pierre Garcon and backup tight end Jacob Tamme all left in free agency.
Now, the Colts are looking to start fresh.
"Barring any unforeseen problem we're pretty sure what direction we want to go. Barring any unforeseen event, we know what we're doing," Grigson said.
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's prep roundup
- Utah Jazz: Comparisons inevitable between...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 183
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 65
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 56
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 55
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 48