Morry Gash, Associated Press
MILWAUKEE — The morning after his Los Angeles Dodgers lost a game on a disputed play at the plate, manager Don Mattingly made a case for the expanded use of instant replay reviews in baseball.
Mattingly says he would like to see plays at the plate become subject to review, and suggested that it was worth considering the use of instant replay to review any game-ending play. Currently, home runs are subject to review, although the expansion of replay has been considered.
Milwaukee's Nyjer Morgan was called safe on a slide home in the 10th inning Wednesday night, giving the Brewers a 3-2 victory. Replays showed that catcher A.J. Ellis might have tagged him out just before he touched home plate.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 21