Morry Gash, Associated Press
MILWAUKEE — The morning after his Los Angeles Dodgers lost a game on a disputed play at the plate, manager Don Mattingly made a case for the expanded use of instant replay reviews in baseball.
Mattingly says he would like to see plays at the plate become subject to review, and suggested that it was worth considering the use of instant replay to review any game-ending play. Currently, home runs are subject to review, although the expansion of replay has been considered.
Milwaukee's Nyjer Morgan was called safe on a slide home in the 10th inning Wednesday night, giving the Brewers a 3-2 victory. Replays showed that catcher A.J. Ellis might have tagged him out just before he touched home plate.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49