Morry Gash, Associated Press
MILWAUKEE — Nyjer Morgan scored on a fly ball by Ryan Braun in the 10th inning, giving the Brewers a 3-2 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Wednesday night — Milwaukee's second late-inning thriller in a row.
With the bases loaded and one out, Braun lofted a shallow fly ball to center field. Morgan took off for home despite a stop sign from third base coach Ed Sedar and was called safe on a close play at the plate, although replays showed that he may have been tagged out before reaching the plate. It didn't matter to Morgan, who was mobbed by his teammates after sliding home.
Reliever Matt Guerrier (0-1) took the loss for the Dodgers, who have dropped the first two games of the series.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22