Morry Gash, Associated Press
MILWAUKEE — Nyjer Morgan scored on a fly ball by Ryan Braun in the 10th inning, giving the Brewers a 3-2 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Wednesday night — Milwaukee's second late-inning thriller in a row.
With the bases loaded and one out, Braun lofted a shallow fly ball to center field. Morgan took off for home despite a stop sign from third base coach Ed Sedar and was called safe on a close play at the plate, although replays showed that he may have been tagged out before reaching the plate. It didn't matter to Morgan, who was mobbed by his teammates after sliding home.
Reliever Matt Guerrier (0-1) took the loss for the Dodgers, who have dropped the first two games of the series.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35