SANTA CLARA, Calif. — San Francisco general manager Trent Baalke recently reached out to former New Orleans defensive coordinator Gregg Williams regarding the Saints' targeting of 49ers players in their bounty program.
Apparently, no hard feelings on Baalke's part. They worked together during the 2004 season in Washington and Baalke still considers Williams "a friend." Baalke says "it was a good conversation" and that he has long respected Williams as a football coach.
Williams oversaw and contributed money to the illegal bounty fund for planned vicious hits on opponents and has been suspended indefinitely from the NFL for his involvement in the scheme from 2009-11.
Baalke says he doesn't feel any differently about Williams today than did "20 days ago."
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28