SANTA CLARA, Calif. — San Francisco general manager Trent Baalke recently reached out to former New Orleans defensive coordinator Gregg Williams regarding the Saints' targeting of 49ers players in their bounty program.
Apparently, no hard feelings on Baalke's part. They worked together during the 2004 season in Washington and Baalke still considers Williams "a friend." Baalke says "it was a good conversation" and that he has long respected Williams as a football coach.
Williams oversaw and contributed money to the illegal bounty fund for planned vicious hits on opponents and has been suspended indefinitely from the NFL for his involvement in the scheme from 2009-11.
Baalke says he doesn't feel any differently about Williams today than did "20 days ago."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 93
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 77
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 53
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 39