DETROIT — Kevin Klein scored a go-ahead goal 6:25 into the third period and Pekka Rinne made 40 saves, lifting the Nashville Predators to a 3-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night and a 3-1 lead in the first-round Western Conference playoff series.
The Predators can eliminate Detroit in Game 5 on Friday night in Nashville.
Predators rookie Gabriel Bourque broke a scoreless tie 1:55 into the third period. Detroit's Niklas Kronwall tied it 1:19 later with a power-play goal that was waved off on the ice but reversed by video review.
The Red Wings pulled goalie Jimmy Howard to add an extra skater with 1:31 left, but had to put him back in the net because Henrik Zetterberg was called for high-sticking with 55.8 seconds left. David Legwand's power-play goal sealed the win with 39 seconds left.
Rinne stopped the first 29 shots he faced. Howard made 14 saves.
PANTHERS 4, DEVILS 3: At Newark, N.J., Brian Campbell scored on a second-period power play and Florida staged its greatest playoff comeback, rallying from an early three-goal deficit to beat New Jersey.
Sean Bergenheim, Jason Garrison and Mike Weaver also scored and Scott Clemmensen made 19 saves after replacing Jose Theodore early in giving the Panthers a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference first-round series.
Game 4 will be played in New Jersey on Thursday.
Florida scored on all three of its power plays against the NHL's top-ranked penalty-killing unit, and is now 6 of 10 in the series with the man advantage.
Zach Parise, Stephen Gionta and Patrik Elias scored for the Devils, who jumped out 3-0 in the opening 6:16.
The Panthers ended a 15-year playoff drought in winning Game 2 on Sunday and then drove Martin Brodeur from the net after tying the game early in the second.
Campbell got the game winner on the Panthers' third and final power play, scoring against backup goalie Johan Hedberg.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- 'Lost my way': Murray pushed to 5 sets again...
- USMNT: RSL's Beckerman starts, Timbers' Nagbe...
- Ex-MLB hurler winds up for Vermont governor...
- Coach Steve Kerr: Warriors on brink but ready...
- San Jose Sharks head to 1st Cup final after...
- LeBron, Love power Cavaliers to 116-78 romp...
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 69
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 51
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 41
- Pac-12 champs: Utah wins baseball title... 34
- Rose excited for near future stability,... 22
- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its... 20
- Doug Robinson: Take heart, Jazz fans,... 15