DETROIT — Kevin Klein scored a go-ahead goal 6:25 into the third period and Pekka Rinne made 40 saves, lifting the Nashville Predators to a 3-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night and a 3-1 lead in the first-round Western Conference playoff series.
The Predators can eliminate Detroit in Game 5 on Friday night in Nashville.
Predators rookie Gabriel Bourque broke a scoreless tie 1:55 into the third period. Detroit's Niklas Kronwall tied it 1:19 later with a power-play goal that was waved off on the ice but reversed by video review.
The Red Wings pulled goalie Jimmy Howard to add an extra skater with 1:31 left, but had to put him back in the net because Henrik Zetterberg was called for high-sticking with 55.8 seconds left. David Legwand's power-play goal sealed the win with 39 seconds left.
Rinne stopped the first 29 shots he faced. Howard made 14 saves.
PANTHERS 4, DEVILS 3: At Newark, N.J., Brian Campbell scored on a second-period power play and Florida staged its greatest playoff comeback, rallying from an early three-goal deficit to beat New Jersey.
Sean Bergenheim, Jason Garrison and Mike Weaver also scored and Scott Clemmensen made 19 saves after replacing Jose Theodore early in giving the Panthers a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference first-round series.
Game 4 will be played in New Jersey on Thursday.
Florida scored on all three of its power plays against the NHL's top-ranked penalty-killing unit, and is now 6 of 10 in the series with the man advantage.
Zach Parise, Stephen Gionta and Patrik Elias scored for the Devils, who jumped out 3-0 in the opening 6:16.
The Panthers ended a 15-year playoff drought in winning Game 2 on Sunday and then drove Martin Brodeur from the net after tying the game early in the second.
Campbell got the game winner on the Panthers' third and final power play, scoring against backup goalie Johan Hedberg.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 75
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 58
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 40
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 32
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 29
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 27
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 21