The Associated Press
Well, one of them has finally done it. I speak of one of the unnecessary talking heads of one of the equally unnecessary cable news networks. Lawrence O'Donnell, who has made an opinion of the LDS Church public, and he doesn't even care if he got his facts right.
It is a very sad example of how, despite how far the church has worked for a better understanding of the church and its history, people like that man don't care who they offend as long as they get the ratings they want. As far as I know, he hasn't been reprimanded for his remarks, despite that if he had made the same remarks against another religion, he would have been fired.
Here are some last words for O'Donnell, though he will never read them. He has the First Amendment right to speech, but true respect comes from true understanding and he doesn't even bother to try to understand.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 49
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- Letter: Elected representatives 24
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 19