The Associated Press
Well, one of them has finally done it. I speak of one of the unnecessary talking heads of one of the equally unnecessary cable news networks. Lawrence O'Donnell, who has made an opinion of the LDS Church public, and he doesn't even care if he got his facts right.
It is a very sad example of how, despite how far the church has worked for a better understanding of the church and its history, people like that man don't care who they offend as long as they get the ratings they want. As far as I know, he hasn't been reprimanded for his remarks, despite that if he had made the same remarks against another religion, he would have been fired.
Here are some last words for O'Donnell, though he will never read them. He has the First Amendment right to speech, but true respect comes from true understanding and he doesn't even bother to try to understand.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 42
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 28