The Associated Press
Well, one of them has finally done it. I speak of one of the unnecessary talking heads of one of the equally unnecessary cable news networks. Lawrence O'Donnell, who has made an opinion of the LDS Church public, and he doesn't even care if he got his facts right.
It is a very sad example of how, despite how far the church has worked for a better understanding of the church and its history, people like that man don't care who they offend as long as they get the ratings they want. As far as I know, he hasn't been reprimanded for his remarks, despite that if he had made the same remarks against another religion, he would have been fired.
Here are some last words for O'Donnell, though he will never read them. He has the First Amendment right to speech, but true respect comes from true understanding and he doesn't even bother to try to understand.
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- In our opinion: Utah is not a swing state and...
- Michael Gerson: Why the theological...
- In our opinion: Western land standoff aside,...
- Letter: Plenty of danger in e-cigarettes
- M. Zuhdi Jasser: The fifth commandment is...
- Letter: Right and wrong
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Letter: Right and wrong 96
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 68
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 64
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 53
- In our opinion: Confronted by power,... 40
- In our opinion: Western land standoff... 37
- John Hoffmire: Why shouldn’t... 29
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare 28