Man spends 12 months practicing 12 different religions
Our take: The Huffington Post recently reported on a man who turned to religion after a challenging experience but not just one religion. Andrew Bowen spent one year practicing 12 different faiths for one month at a time. Bowen called the experience Project Conversion, and he is now blogging and speaking about what he learned.
LUMBERTON, N.C. (RNS) Andrew Bowen sat yoga-style in his armchair, absent-mindedly fingering a set of Muslim prayer beads in his left hand as he talked about 2011 his year of conversion.
But he's not Muslim. In fact, the 29-year-old Lumberton resident doesn't call himself by any of the 12 faiths he practiced for a month at a time last year.
Not Hindu (January). Not Baha'i (February). Not Zoroastrian (March). Not Jewish (April). Not Buddhist (May). Not agnostic (June). Not Mormon (July). Not Muslim (August). Not Sikh (September). Not Wiccan (October). Not Jain (November). And not Catholic (December).
Finding faith in God again was not Bowen's aim. This young father of two was looking for faith in humanity.
Read the complete article on HuffingtonPost.com.
- President Uchtdorf dedicates addition to...
- This is even more evidence that Jesus may...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Helping people deal with criticisms against...
- Is the world's oldest Quran older than Muhammad?
- Mormon Channel releases gritty videos of real...
- LDS Church leaders share messages about...
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 47
- ... 31
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto... 8
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins... 8
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 7
- Obama bristles at anti-Semitism charges... 7
- 14 things you’ll find in Donald... 6