Man spends 12 months practicing 12 different religions
Our take: The Huffington Post recently reported on a man who turned to religion after a challenging experience but not just one religion. Andrew Bowen spent one year practicing 12 different faiths for one month at a time. Bowen called the experience Project Conversion, and he is now blogging and speaking about what he learned.
LUMBERTON, N.C. (RNS) Andrew Bowen sat yoga-style in his armchair, absent-mindedly fingering a set of Muslim prayer beads in his left hand as he talked about 2011 his year of conversion.
But he's not Muslim. In fact, the 29-year-old Lumberton resident doesn't call himself by any of the 12 faiths he practiced for a month at a time last year.
Not Hindu (January). Not Baha'i (February). Not Zoroastrian (March). Not Jewish (April). Not Buddhist (May). Not agnostic (June). Not Mormon (July). Not Muslim (August). Not Sikh (September). Not Wiccan (October). Not Jain (November). And not Catholic (December).
Finding faith in God again was not Bowen's aim. This young father of two was looking for faith in humanity.
Read the complete article on HuffingtonPost.com.
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican...
- 19 inspiring Christmas quotes from President...
- The Clean Cut: Lexi Walker sings Christmas...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- LDS World: Jesus Christ is the solution
- LDS Church clarifies position on... 53
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 27
- Christmas without Jesus 20
- LDS Church to create new missions in... 20
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 19
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13
- LDS World: Jesus Christ is the solution 9
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 8