Man spends 12 months practicing 12 different religions
Our take: The Huffington Post recently reported on a man who turned to religion after a challenging experience but not just one religion. Andrew Bowen spent one year practicing 12 different faiths for one month at a time. Bowen called the experience Project Conversion, and he is now blogging and speaking about what he learned.
LUMBERTON, N.C. (RNS) Andrew Bowen sat yoga-style in his armchair, absent-mindedly fingering a set of Muslim prayer beads in his left hand as he talked about 2011 his year of conversion.
But he's not Muslim. In fact, the 29-year-old Lumberton resident doesn't call himself by any of the 12 faiths he practiced for a month at a time last year.
Not Hindu (January). Not Baha'i (February). Not Zoroastrian (March). Not Jewish (April). Not Buddhist (May). Not agnostic (June). Not Mormon (July). Not Muslim (August). Not Sikh (September). Not Wiccan (October). Not Jain (November). And not Catholic (December).
Finding faith in God again was not Bowen's aim. This young father of two was looking for faith in humanity.
Read the complete article on HuffingtonPost.com.
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady hand to...
- California governor denies parole for Manson...
- 3 key takeaways from the latest report on...
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Will this key line in Melania Trump's GOP...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the 'most...
- Cookbook review: 'The Lion House Cookbook'...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 27
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 24
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady... 16
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- GOP platform: Plenty for evangelicals... 12