Man spends 12 months practicing 12 different religions
Our take: The Huffington Post recently reported on a man who turned to religion after a challenging experience but not just one religion. Andrew Bowen spent one year practicing 12 different faiths for one month at a time. Bowen called the experience Project Conversion, and he is now blogging and speaking about what he learned.
LUMBERTON, N.C. (RNS) Andrew Bowen sat yoga-style in his armchair, absent-mindedly fingering a set of Muslim prayer beads in his left hand as he talked about 2011 his year of conversion.
But he's not Muslim. In fact, the 29-year-old Lumberton resident doesn't call himself by any of the 12 faiths he practiced for a month at a time last year.
Not Hindu (January). Not Baha'i (February). Not Zoroastrian (March). Not Jewish (April). Not Buddhist (May). Not agnostic (June). Not Mormon (July). Not Muslim (August). Not Sikh (September). Not Wiccan (October). Not Jain (November). And not Catholic (December).
Finding faith in God again was not Bowen's aim. This young father of two was looking for faith in humanity.
Read the complete article on HuffingtonPost.com.
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Defending the Faith: Some things are more...
- Sheri Dew and Noelle Pikus-Pace arm wrestle...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 114
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 114
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 51
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 36
- Defending the Faith: Some things are... 28
- California orders churches, others to... 21
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks... 10