Man spends 12 months practicing 12 different religions
Our take: The Huffington Post recently reported on a man who turned to religion after a challenging experience but not just one religion. Andrew Bowen spent one year practicing 12 different faiths for one month at a time. Bowen called the experience Project Conversion, and he is now blogging and speaking about what he learned.
LUMBERTON, N.C. (RNS) Andrew Bowen sat yoga-style in his armchair, absent-mindedly fingering a set of Muslim prayer beads in his left hand as he talked about 2011 his year of conversion.
But he's not Muslim. In fact, the 29-year-old Lumberton resident doesn't call himself by any of the 12 faiths he practiced for a month at a time last year.
Not Hindu (January). Not Baha'i (February). Not Zoroastrian (March). Not Jewish (April). Not Buddhist (May). Not agnostic (June). Not Mormon (July). Not Muslim (August). Not Sikh (September). Not Wiccan (October). Not Jain (November). And not Catholic (December).
Finding faith in God again was not Bowen's aim. This young father of two was looking for faith in humanity.
Read the complete article on HuffingtonPost.com.
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- LDS university president receives national...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Athletes, artists and LDS apostles: 46...
- LDS Church dedicates Deseret Mill and Pasta...
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...
- Philanthropist forges ties with school...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 260
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 73
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 61
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23
- LDS missionaries distribute 2,400... 19
- LDS university president receives... 16
- Why I make my kids go to church 8
- Number of senior Mormon missionaries... 7