Nicole Evatt, Associated Press
NEW YORK — "The Bachelor" star Ben Flajnik and bride-to-be Courtney Robertson were all smiles as they checked out wedding gowns at a bridal fashion show, but don't expect a save-the-date card from the couple anytime soon.
"Slowly but surely is kind of what we're preaching here. No rush," said the floppy-haired, 29-year-old Northern California winemaker after sitting in the front row at the "Mark Zunino for Kleinfeld" runway show on Monday.
"It's working out nice, kind of normal. (We're) getting back to normal life," added Robertson.
The 28-year-old model was the most controversial constant on the 16th season of the ABC dating show. Her snarky comments and rude behavior toward the other contestants vying for Flajnik's affection had Flajnik and many fans questioning her character. In fact, Flajnik was so appalled that he briefly broke up with her after choosing her to be his bride.
The pair says they're happy to be out of the spotlight now, and they're taking their engagement one day at a time.
"I feel like a lot of these couples haven't worked out because of the pressure to set a date," explained Flajnik of other failed "Bachelor" unions. "We're working on our own timeline here. We don't have ABC or anyone saying 'You're getting married.' That's not how it works."
The affectionate couple watched the bridal show hand in hand, but insisted they were simply there to support the designer.
"There's no date set or dressed pick out," said Robertson.
Nicole Evatt covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow her on Twitter at http://twitter.com/NicoleEvatt
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for The Rock
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- 'Arrow' makes Green Arrow less goofy
- Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton can't save...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 9
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough... 2
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1
- 11 cartoon characters who buck stereotypes 1