Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
GUARDS: Devin Harris had a forgettable stretch when he missed six of seven shots, but rebounded in the overtime periods. He scored five points in the first overtime, and then made the Jazz's go-ahead 3-pointer with 1:38 left in the game. Gordon Hayward had a solid all-around game, but went somewhat quiet late in the contest. He didn't score in the second or third overtime. Jason Kidd didn't play in the third overtime and wasn't much of a factor. Delonte West had 16 points, but will likely be more remembered from the game for his earpoke-of-doom on Hayward. Grade: A-
FORWARDS: Paul Millsap started slowly, but played better as the game progressed. He sent the game into overtime with a put-back dunk, and somehow survived an exhausting night of covering Dirk Nowitzki. DeMarre Carroll also had a rough start, but had an amazing third quarter to help the Jazz build a double-digit lead. Carroll's offensive rebound after an Al Jefferson miss with 33.9 seconds left helped save the game for Utah. Nowitzki was re-dirk-ulous, scoring 40 points with nine rebounds. Shawn Marion only played 23 minutes and had four points. Grade: B
CENTERS: Jefferson was spectacular. He played perhaps his best game in the one of the biggest games of his career. He had an incredible stat line with 28 points and 26 rebounds. Brendan Haywood only played 20 minutes and didn't score. Grade: A+
BENCH: Dallas' Vince Carter, Jason Terry and Ian Mahinmi played much of the overtime periods. Terry hit some clutch shots and missed some easy layups. Carter shockingly was clutch in the fourth quarter. Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin tightened his rotation, giving his veterans the chance to win the game. Jamaal Tinsley played the most of the reserves, and had five points and four assists in 17 minutes. Dallas' bench outscored Utah's 51-17. Grade: D
OVERALL: The Jazz blew chances to win in regulation as well as the first and second overtime periods. It took longer than it needed to, but the bottom line is Utah kept its playoff hopes alive by beating Dallas. The Jazz showed some grit in closing this one out, and Jefferson looks like he wants to carry this team into the postseason. Grade: B+
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23