The presidential election of 2012 is a referendum on the morality, virtue, and mindset of the American people. The type of government we have is a reflection of the people.
It was Benjamin Franklin who said, "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." The American people must be becoming more corrupt and vicious because we have more masters and fewer freedoms than ever in the history of our country. And the future does not bode well.
We generally celebrate those in our society who can solve problems. A problem solver must first understand root causes of problems before coming up with appropriate solutions. Ron Paul is the only candidate for president that has a clear understanding of the root causes of America's problems. As such, he is the only candidate with the correct solutions. America does not need a Wall Street whiz kid as president. America needs a president who understands economics and sound monetary and fiscal policy.
Paul knows more about economics than all other candidates combined. Know it now or know it later. Time will prove that Paul was right.
- My view: Campaign finance system is broken
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- My view: Honest debates are worth the...
- Letter: Federal law violated
- In our opinion: Declining abortion rates are...
- On Second Thought: Donald Trump, Chris...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Letter: Religion in office