Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Wedding bells will soon be ringing for Utah offensive coordinator Brian Johnson. The 25-year-old will wed longtime girlfriend Ashley Chapman on July 7.
"I'm excited about it. It'll be fun," Johnson said. "I'm really, really looking forward to it."
Johnson and Chapman met while attending school at Utah.
"She's been huge throughout just keeping me humble and keeping me focused the last six years," Johnson said. "I really don't know where I would be without her. She's an absolutely great woman and I'm really excited to start a new chapter in my life."
Although Johnson is from the Houston area, the wedding will take place in Utah.
"She has a bunch of her family here and we'll bring the whole Texas crew up," Johnson said. "It'll be a nice little shin-dig."
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things to ponder as the Aggies head to fall...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21