Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Wedding bells will soon be ringing for Utah offensive coordinator Brian Johnson. The 25-year-old will wed longtime girlfriend Ashley Chapman on July 7.
"I'm excited about it. It'll be fun," Johnson said. "I'm really, really looking forward to it."
Johnson and Chapman met while attending school at Utah.
"She's been huge throughout just keeping me humble and keeping me focused the last six years," Johnson said. "I really don't know where I would be without her. She's an absolutely great woman and I'm really excited to start a new chapter in my life."
Although Johnson is from the Houston area, the wedding will take place in Utah.
"She has a bunch of her family here and we'll bring the whole Texas crew up," Johnson said. "It'll be a nice little shin-dig."
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 25