Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Wedding bells will soon be ringing for Utah offensive coordinator Brian Johnson. The 25-year-old will wed longtime girlfriend Ashley Chapman on July 7.
"I'm excited about it. It'll be fun," Johnson said. "I'm really, really looking forward to it."
Johnson and Chapman met while attending school at Utah.
"She's been huge throughout just keeping me humble and keeping me focused the last six years," Johnson said. "I really don't know where I would be without her. She's an absolutely great woman and I'm really excited to start a new chapter in my life."
Although Johnson is from the Houston area, the wedding will take place in Utah.
"She has a bunch of her family here and we'll bring the whole Texas crew up," Johnson said. "It'll be a nice little shin-dig."
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 4: Ranking the...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Knuckleheads with...
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham congratulates...
- Pac-12 conference is off to strong start in 2014
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 163
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 111
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29