LOS ANGELES — Andrew Bynum had 23 points and 16 rebounds, Pau Gasol made back-to-back 3-pointers in overtime, and the Los Angeles Lakers won their fourth straight game without Kobe Bryant, 112-108 over the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday.
Ramon Sessions scored 22 points, and Gasol had 20 points and 10 rebounds for the Lakers, who are 4-1 while the NBA's leading scorer rests his bruised shin.
Metta World Peace had 18 points as Los Angeles rallied from a fourth-quarter deficit before finishing off a four-game season sweep of the defending champion Mavericks, who swept the Lakers out of last season's playoffs.
Dirk Nowitzki had 24 points on 9-of-28 shooting and 14 rebounds, but Jason Terry missed a potential tying layup at the rim with 5 seconds left in overtime for the Mavericks, whose three-game winning streak ended. Delonte West scored 20 points, and Terry had 21 before missing a shot while trying to avoid Matt Barnes' defense.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 10
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 6