Mark Baker, Associated Press
SHANGHAI — Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg won the Chinese Grand Prix on Sunday for his first career Formula One victory after starting from pole.
Rosberg won by a staggering 20.6 seconds over McLaren's Jenson Button after making just two pits stops and managing to hold off the rest of the field on worn tires.
"It's an unbelievable feeling," Rosberg said. "It's really nice to see how quickly we are now progressing. We didn't expect to be that fast today."
Button's McLaren teammate Lewis Hamilton was third, followed by the Red Bull duo of Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel.
Vettel, the defending champion, started 11th and at one stage moved up to second, but couldn't hold off Button, Hamilton and Webber in the closing stages.
With his third-place finish, Hamilton takes the lead in the driver standings with 45 points, two ahead of Button. Fernando Alonso of Ferrari is third with 37 points, followed by Webber (36) and Vettel (28). Rosberg moves into sixth with 25.
McLaren leads the constructor standings with 88 points, followed by Red Bull in second with 64 and Ferrari on 37.
Rosberg's teammate, seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher, had started second, but retired from the race on lap 13 after his right front wheel wasn't fitted properly during his first pit stop.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 48
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes 24