Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Results of delegate voting from county political conventions Saturday in Salt Lake and Utah counties:
In most cases, tallies are for the final round of voting, after all but two candidates were eliminated in a first or other earlier round. A candidate receiving 60 percent or more in delegate voting bypasses a primary election and will be on the ballot in November.
In some Salt Lake County GOP races, nominees are listed but vote tallies were not available late Saturday.
** Advances to general election in November.
* Two candidates compete in primary election in June.
SALT LAKE COUNTY
1st round/2nd round
*Mark Crockett 32% 58%
*Mike Winder 31% 42%
Richard Snelgrove 25%
Merrill Cook 7%
Gary W. Ott 4%
Larry Decker 2%
*Joseph M. Demma 56%
*Melvin D Nimer 44%
Stephen M. "Steve" Harmsen, eliminated
Council District 4
**Missy W. Larsen 61%
Craig A. Ward 39%
Rainer Huck, eliminated
**Wayne A. Harper 71%
Brandon Baker 29%
**Brian Shiozawa, to general election
Lee Brinton, eliminated
Jaren L. Davis, eliminated
Raymond Poole, eliminated
**Aaron V. Osmond (inc.) 83%
Aleta Andersen Taylor 17%
House of Representatives
**Andres Paredes, to general election
Bryan Smith Farnsworth, eliminated
*K. Ryan Jenkins, primary election
*Fred C Johnson, primary election
**LaVar Christensen (inc.) 68%
Austin Linford 32%
**Craig Hall, to general election
Ella Duke-Baxter, eliminated
Kimly C Mangum, eliminated
Marlin K Baer, eliminated
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Utah is youngest state in country but growing...
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- America’s Most Followed Members of...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Kaysville to fete retiring city manager at...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Utah militia leader tried to blow up... 17