Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Results of delegate voting from county political conventions Saturday in Salt Lake and Utah counties:
In most cases, tallies are for the final round of voting, after all but two candidates were eliminated in a first or other earlier round. A candidate receiving 60 percent or more in delegate voting bypasses a primary election and will be on the ballot in November.
In some Salt Lake County GOP races, nominees are listed but vote tallies were not available late Saturday.
** Advances to general election in November.
* Two candidates compete in primary election in June.
SALT LAKE COUNTY
1st round/2nd round
*Mark Crockett 32% 58%
*Mike Winder 31% 42%
Richard Snelgrove 25%
Merrill Cook 7%
Gary W. Ott 4%
Larry Decker 2%
*Joseph M. Demma 56%
*Melvin D Nimer 44%
Stephen M. "Steve" Harmsen, eliminated
Council District 4
**Missy W. Larsen 61%
Craig A. Ward 39%
Rainer Huck, eliminated
**Wayne A. Harper 71%
Brandon Baker 29%
**Brian Shiozawa, to general election
Lee Brinton, eliminated
Jaren L. Davis, eliminated
Raymond Poole, eliminated
**Aaron V. Osmond (inc.) 83%
Aleta Andersen Taylor 17%
House of Representatives
**Andres Paredes, to general election
Bryan Smith Farnsworth, eliminated
*K. Ryan Jenkins, primary election
*Fred C Johnson, primary election
**LaVar Christensen (inc.) 68%
Austin Linford 32%
**Craig Hall, to general election
Ella Duke-Baxter, eliminated
Kimly C Mangum, eliminated
Marlin K Baer, eliminated
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- About Utah: Utah Valley University fills a...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Attorneys want BYU track team testimony...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns considering...
- Real Salt Lake proposes to pay for $18M...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 55
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 35
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 24
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 23
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 20
- Inmates turn in handgun and magazine... 18
- New prison site not expected to be... 16
- Former Utah Speaker of the House Becky... 15