1. Alex Ivanova/Olia Tatarchenko (SUU) def. Brooke Henry/Jenny Blackburne (SDSUW) 8-6
2. Lisa Pleskan/Ksusha Johnson (SUU) def. Megan McDougall/Bryna Nasenbeny (SDSUW) 8-5
3. Bethany Goeden/Natalia Medina (SDSUW) won by default
BYU TRACK: At Los Angeles, the Cougar men came away from the Rafer Johnson/Jackie Joyner Kersee Invitational with four first-place finishes.
In the short distances, James Ghormley took second in the 100 meters, running 11.07, and Jason Hinds finished first in the 200 meters, with a time of 21.74, with Fanfan Charles coming in second, in 21.91.
Kevin Nielsen took first in the 400-meter hurdles, finishing in 54.70, and Steven Hart finished second in the 400 meters with a time of 49.42.
Junior James Tracy won the 3,000-meter steeplechase in 9:12.89 and freshman Jeffrey Bastian came in second with a time of 9:15.55.
Shaquille Walker competed well in the 800 meters, coming in fifth at 1:49.84 and Ryan Waite secured the victory in the 1,500 meters, finishing in 3:48.09.
In the field events, Kyle Mills and Colby Barber both secured third-place finishes in the triple jump and shot put invitationals, scoring 14.56 meters and 16.86 meters, respectively.
BYU had three athletes tie for second place in the high jump, with Dakoda John, Adam Hine and Chase Dalton all jumping 2.00 meters.
For the women, freshman Lexi Eaton continued her improvement in the high jump, setting a personal best with a leap of 1.81 meters (5-111/4) to place first among collegiate competitors at the meet. The mark currently ties Eaton for ninth in the NCAA. This is also the third consecutive meet in which Eaton has set a new personal best.
Diana Blauer set an outdoor season best with a jump of 1.76 meters (5-91/4).
Senior Christen Guenther placed first among collegians in the pole vault with a jump of 3.97 meters (13-001/4). Rachel Fisher, Diane McAllister-Perry and Nicole Naatjes all tied for fourth among collegians with vaults of 3.82 meters (12-61/4).
In her first outdoor meet of the season, senior Lacey Bleazard was the first college competitor to cross the line in the 800 meters. Bleazard finished in 2:07.78, just ahead of senior Sarah Edwards, who finished in 2:08.06.
In the invitational sections of the sprinting events, Fatima Makakala had a 13.93 finish in the 100-meter hurdles. Aubrey Hale finished in 12.20 in the 100 meters.
The open 100 meters was a strong event for BYU, as Cougars swept the top three spots. Makakala finished first in 12.39 and was followed by Kassie Jensen in second place in 12.53 and Chelsea Spencer in third with a time of 13.02.
BYU also finished 1-2 in the open 400 meter hurdles, with Diane Stewart leading the way in 1:00.22 and Angela Shields coming in just behind in 1:01.77. Freshman Kaisa Rosenberg also won an open event with her 2:11.70 performance in the open 800 meters.
Katherine Swanson and Candace Eddy represented the Cougars in the long distance events at the meet. Swanson placed second in the 5,000 meters in 17:26.58 while Eddy nabbed third in the 1,500 meters in 4:27.20.
In the throws, the top performance came from freshman Brianna French, who tossed the discus 46.61 meters (152-11) to finish third overall.
USU TRACK: At Sacramento, Calif., the Aggies won both team titles along with seven event titles as part of 36 top-five finishes at Sacramento State's Mondo Mid-Major Challenge.
The Aggie women totaled 148 points, topping Western Athletic Conference foe Fresno State's 123 points. The USU men amassed 158.5 points, edging out host Sacramento State with 153 points.
- Christian Stewart writes final chapter on...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A decade...
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why OU...
- High school sports: Nearly 650 athletes...
- Jazz in talks with German center Tibor...
- Dick Harmon: Sonny Detmer's bloodline about...
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul Millsap...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 50
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 50
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- U. cornerback arrested for... 27
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 18
- Jazz not expected to be a major player... 13
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 13