Charlie Neibergall, Associated Press
IOWA CITY, Iowa — Iowa has long been known for its punishing running attack. But the Hawkeyes will wrap up spring ball next week with serious questions to answer about their running back situation.
Iowa is down to a pair of unproven sophomores, Damon Bullock and De'Andre Johnson, after Marcus Coker's departure and Jordan Canzeri's knee injury. True freshmen Greg Garmon and Barkley Hill join the team in August.
Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says Bullock and Johnson have made consistent improvement this spring. He also says they've told Garmon and Hill to do everything they can to be ready to play by the end of the summer.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34