Charlie Neibergall, Associated Press
IOWA CITY, Iowa — Iowa has long been known for its punishing running attack. But the Hawkeyes will wrap up spring ball next week with serious questions to answer about their running back situation.
Iowa is down to a pair of unproven sophomores, Damon Bullock and De'Andre Johnson, after Marcus Coker's departure and Jordan Canzeri's knee injury. True freshmen Greg Garmon and Barkley Hill join the team in August.
Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says Bullock and Johnson have made consistent improvement this spring. He also says they've told Garmon and Hill to do everything they can to be ready to play by the end of the summer.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22