Charlie Neibergall, Associated Press
IOWA CITY, Iowa — Iowa has long been known for its punishing running attack. But the Hawkeyes will wrap up spring ball next week with serious questions to answer about their running back situation.
Iowa is down to a pair of unproven sophomores, Damon Bullock and De'Andre Johnson, after Marcus Coker's departure and Jordan Canzeri's knee injury. True freshmen Greg Garmon and Barkley Hill join the team in August.
Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says Bullock and Johnson have made consistent improvement this spring. He also says they've told Garmon and Hill to do everything they can to be ready to play by the end of the summer.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32