Charlie Neibergall, Associated Press
IOWA CITY, Iowa — Iowa has long been known for its punishing running attack. But the Hawkeyes will wrap up spring ball next week with serious questions to answer about their running back situation.
Iowa is down to a pair of unproven sophomores, Damon Bullock and De'Andre Johnson, after Marcus Coker's departure and Jordan Canzeri's knee injury. True freshmen Greg Garmon and Barkley Hill join the team in August.
Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says Bullock and Johnson have made consistent improvement this spring. He also says they've told Garmon and Hill to do everything they can to be ready to play by the end of the summer.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45