Charlie Neibergall, Associated Press
IOWA CITY, Iowa — Iowa has long been known for its punishing running attack. But the Hawkeyes will wrap up spring ball next week with serious questions to answer about their running back situation.
Iowa is down to a pair of unproven sophomores, Damon Bullock and De'Andre Johnson, after Marcus Coker's departure and Jordan Canzeri's knee injury. True freshmen Greg Garmon and Barkley Hill join the team in August.
Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says Bullock and Johnson have made consistent improvement this spring. He also says they've told Garmon and Hill to do everything they can to be ready to play by the end of the summer.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45