Joe Songer, AP Photo/The Birmingham News
AUBURN, Ala. — Cam Newton feels like his improvement going into Year 2 as an NFL quarterback "is through the roof."
The Carolina Panthers quarterback says he's grown with an offseason to review games from his rookie of the year season and work on the areas he needs improvement. He also says it will help his growth to have wide receiver Steve Smith around after signing a three-year contract extension.
Newton was in Auburn on Saturday for a ceremony to unveil the statues of the Tigers' three Heisman Trophy winners: himself, Bo Jackson (1985) and Pat Sullivan (1971).
Newton led the Tigers to the national championship in 2010, his only season. He got loud applause when the three players were introduced before Auburn's spring game and blew a kiss to the crowd.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22