Trisha Beck in her My View, "No need for nuclear testing any longer" (April 11), spoke to the two critical reasons the United States should ratify the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty and why it has significant value for the residents of Utah and the country.
Nuclear testing has left a tragic and still to be finished legacy on the residents downwind. It also allows the endless quest for new and deadlier and more usable nuclear weapons. Only the ratification and entry into force of a test ban can bring an end to those threats to our health and safety. In addition ratification by the United States would give our country the highest moral position to demand no new nations test and join the nuclear weapons club.
Otherwise we preach from a do as we say not as we do position, making a mockery of efforts to halt proliferation.
Malad City, Idaho
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- In our opinion: Fred Adams' Shakespeare...
- About Utah: How this Utahn turned a chance...
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies and...
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 46
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 39
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 30
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS 21