Trisha Beck in her My View, "No need for nuclear testing any longer" (April 11), spoke to the two critical reasons the United States should ratify the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty and why it has significant value for the residents of Utah and the country.
Nuclear testing has left a tragic and still to be finished legacy on the residents downwind. It also allows the endless quest for new and deadlier and more usable nuclear weapons. Only the ratification and entry into force of a test ban can bring an end to those threats to our health and safety. In addition ratification by the United States would give our country the highest moral position to demand no new nations test and join the nuclear weapons club.
Otherwise we preach from a do as we say not as we do position, making a mockery of efforts to halt proliferation.
Malad City, Idaho
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 48
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16