Tom Smart, Tom Smart, Deseret News
I am disappointed that Mitt Romney has endorsed Orrin Hatch for re-election to the Senate.
There are too many friends of Hatch who erroneously think he is Utah's friend, but his voting record over the years proves that this is not the case. Hatch isn't our friend, or the nation's friend. His friend is Orrin Hatch. His voting record has helped to create the terrible problems in our nation today.
I voted for Hatch 36 years ago, but later, when I looked into his voting record, I changed my mind and my vote. His votes are consistently for pork-barrel entitlements, increased government control and deficit spending. All the friends of Hatch, for the sake of Utah and the Constitution, should vote facts rather than friendship. We need to retire Hatch.
Salt Lake City
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 37
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27