Tom Smart, Tom Smart, Deseret News
I am disappointed that Mitt Romney has endorsed Orrin Hatch for re-election to the Senate.
There are too many friends of Hatch who erroneously think he is Utah's friend, but his voting record over the years proves that this is not the case. Hatch isn't our friend, or the nation's friend. His friend is Orrin Hatch. His voting record has helped to create the terrible problems in our nation today.
I voted for Hatch 36 years ago, but later, when I looked into his voting record, I changed my mind and my vote. His votes are consistently for pork-barrel entitlements, increased government control and deficit spending. All the friends of Hatch, for the sake of Utah and the Constitution, should vote facts rather than friendship. We need to retire Hatch.
Salt Lake City
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18