Tom Smart, Tom Smart, Deseret News
I am disappointed that Mitt Romney has endorsed Orrin Hatch for re-election to the Senate.
There are too many friends of Hatch who erroneously think he is Utah's friend, but his voting record over the years proves that this is not the case. Hatch isn't our friend, or the nation's friend. His friend is Orrin Hatch. His voting record has helped to create the terrible problems in our nation today.
I voted for Hatch 36 years ago, but later, when I looked into his voting record, I changed my mind and my vote. His votes are consistently for pork-barrel entitlements, increased government control and deficit spending. All the friends of Hatch, for the sake of Utah and the Constitution, should vote facts rather than friendship. We need to retire Hatch.
Salt Lake City
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 38
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 35
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 28
- Letter: No limits 20
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 20