Michael Conroy, Associated Press
ST. LOUIS — Former GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum says no group has done a better job of promoting American freedom than the National Rifle Association.
Santorum told the NRA convention Friday in St. Louis that the gun-rights group has been a vital beacon for individual liberties.
He praised GOP presidential front-runner Mitt Romney and said conservatives must back Republican candidates even if they find them imperfect.
Santorum said it is essential to defeat President Barack Obama in November. If re-elected, Santorum said Obama may be able to turn the Supreme Court in a more liberal direction should any of the longest-serving justices retire.
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- John Lennon's killer: My life is all about...
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola to...
- Mexico authorities stage midnight migrant raid
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 25
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 15
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14