Chris O'Meara, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's re-election campaign has re-released years of his old tax returns in an attempt to pressure the presumptive Republican nominee, Mitt Romney, to do the same.
Romney has released his tax return for 2010 and an estimate for 2011. The Obama campaign is making an issue of the fact that he hasn't released more and accusing him of hiding information from the American people.
The Obama campaign posted 12 years of tax returns for Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. All of those records had been released already except for the new 2011 returns.
The Obama team is trying to draw an unflattering contrast between Romney and his father, former Michigan governor George Romney, who released 12 years' of tax returns during his 1968 campaign for the presidency.
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Top 15 states for education
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 10
- Can Obama wage war without consent of... 5
- Rare snowstorm slams Rockies states,... 5