Decision 2012: Utah political races, candidate and delegate information, coverage
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Live Twitter feed
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis.
Candidates from political parties running in major races will be nominated in the coming days, as some 4,000 Republican delegates and 2,700 Democratic delegates will decide which candidates advance — and which, if any, will face a primary run-off election in June, the next opportunity for every Utah voter to participate.
While some county conventions have convened since last month, where delegates are narrowing the field of candidates running for county offices and most state House and Senate seats, Salt Lake and Utah Counties hold conventions Saturday, April 14. State delegates will attend their respective party's state conventions to choose candidates for federal and statewide offices like governor. Both the Democratic and Republican state conventions are scheduled for April 21.
Following are links of recent coverage and other relevant sources.
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Utah mother who left 11-month-old in hot car...
- Attorney general deciding whether to appeal...
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Trial ordered for Cameo Crispi, accused of...
- Donations to North Salt Lake family displaced...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 42
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 35
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 26
- Woman accused of leaving young son... 21