Decision 2012: Utah political races, candidate and delegate information, coverage
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Live Twitter feed
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis.
Candidates from political parties running in major races will be nominated in the coming days, as some 4,000 Republican delegates and 2,700 Democratic delegates will decide which candidates advance — and which, if any, will face a primary run-off election in June, the next opportunity for every Utah voter to participate.
While some county conventions have convened since last month, where delegates are narrowing the field of candidates running for county offices and most state House and Senate seats, Salt Lake and Utah Counties hold conventions Saturday, April 14. State delegates will attend their respective party's state conventions to choose candidates for federal and statewide offices like governor. Both the Democratic and Republican state conventions are scheduled for April 21.
Following are links of recent coverage and other relevant sources.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- 'Somebody knows what happened,' daughter...
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Utah came first for Rep. Jim Matheson, but...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- Rally in support of police also draws... 39
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 22
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9
- Chugging eggnog at office party lands... 8