Decision 2012: Utah political races, candidate and delegate information, coverage
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Live Twitter feed
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis.
Candidates from political parties running in major races will be nominated in the coming days, as some 4,000 Republican delegates and 2,700 Democratic delegates will decide which candidates advance — and which, if any, will face a primary run-off election in June, the next opportunity for every Utah voter to participate.
While some county conventions have convened since last month, where delegates are narrowing the field of candidates running for county offices and most state House and Senate seats, Salt Lake and Utah Counties hold conventions Saturday, April 14. State delegates will attend their respective party's state conventions to choose candidates for federal and statewide offices like governor. Both the Democratic and Republican state conventions are scheduled for April 21.
Following are links of recent coverage and other relevant sources.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- U. doctor thanks strangers who saved him,...
- About Utah: For 95-year-old, the secret to...
- Father of slain woman said he lived his life...
- 2 children critically injured in wrong-way...
- Judge sets November hearing for ex-A.G.s Mark...
- Car traveling 100 mph crashes into parked...
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Feminist speaker claims USU didn't warn... 32
- Federal government extends same-sex... 29
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14