Decision 2012: Utah political races, candidate and delegate information, coverage
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Live Twitter feed
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis.
Candidates from political parties running in major races will be nominated in the coming days, as some 4,000 Republican delegates and 2,700 Democratic delegates will decide which candidates advance — and which, if any, will face a primary run-off election in June, the next opportunity for every Utah voter to participate.
While some county conventions have convened since last month, where delegates are narrowing the field of candidates running for county offices and most state House and Senate seats, Salt Lake and Utah Counties hold conventions Saturday, April 14. State delegates will attend their respective party's state conventions to choose candidates for federal and statewide offices like governor. Both the Democratic and Republican state conventions are scheduled for April 21.
Following are links of recent coverage and other relevant sources.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12