Decision 2012: Utah political races, candidate and delegate information, coverage
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Live Twitter feed
» View our political blog, with updates and analysis.
Candidates from political parties running in major races will be nominated in the coming days, as some 4,000 Republican delegates and 2,700 Democratic delegates will decide which candidates advance — and which, if any, will face a primary run-off election in June, the next opportunity for every Utah voter to participate.
While some county conventions have convened since last month, where delegates are narrowing the field of candidates running for county offices and most state House and Senate seats, Salt Lake and Utah Counties hold conventions Saturday, April 14. State delegates will attend their respective party's state conventions to choose candidates for federal and statewide offices like governor. Both the Democratic and Republican state conventions are scheduled for April 21.
Following are links of recent coverage and other relevant sources.
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at question...
- Bear scare: 'Baden and Logan saved my life.'
- 7-year-old girl who met Justin Bieber passes...
- Impeachment investigation 'highly likely,'...
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- Attorney General John Swallow tells House...
- Miss Utah USA's bungled interview creates...
- Ryan Teeples: BYU sports is for BYUtv, not...
- Miss Utah USA's bungled interview... 38
- BYU poll: Majority favor impeachment,... 29
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at... 26
- Teen's family apologizes to family of... 21
- 2 others back up extortion claims... 21
- Attorneys for AG John Swallow say... 20
- Gunman caught after shooting... 20
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at... 20