Utah Jazz: Millsap day-to-day after suffering sprained wrist
HOUSTON — The injury bug has its nasty teeth on the Utah Jazz roster yet again.
Forward Paul Millsap was not at practice this morning because he was getting his right wrist evaluated by a Houston doctor after injuring it in the second half of the Jazz's 103-91 win over the Rockets on Wednesday.
The diagnosis — a sprained wrist — leaves Millsap's status in question for Utah's game Friday's at New Orleans.
Millsap finished Wednesday's game with 21 points, second behind Gordon Hayward's season-high 29. He also had seven rebounds. The durable forward, who has a high pain tolerance, has only missed 13 games in his entire NBA career, including just one this season for a severely bruised heel.
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said Millsap "fell funny" but managed to play through the hurt to finish off the Jazz's big win. But pain became more intense after adrenaline from the game wore off.
"He's not one that looks for a way out. He must really hurt," Corbin said. "We just hope it's something temporary."
With Millsap absent, the Jazz don't even have enough healthy bodies to run a full five-on-five scrimmage. Only nine players are able to fully participate in practice this morning.
Utah was already down five players due to injuries, including Jeremy Evans (ankle), Earl Watson (upcoming knee surgery), C.J. Miles (calf), Josh Howard (knee) and Raja Bell (knee).
Evans is not able to practice again but said his still-swollen ankle is getting better.
The Jazz follow Friday's game in New Orleans with an another tough challenge in Memphis on Saturday night.
Utah (31-28) is 1 1/2 games out of a playoff spot behind Dallas, Houston and Denver, who are all knotted at 32-26.
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- Utah football fall practice position preview:...
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 126
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 106
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 69
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 68
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 58
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 51
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 31