SALT LAKE CITY — Pioneer Theatre Company will present its 2012 Bravo! Award to PTC's longtime artistic director, Charles Morey, at its spring gala on May 4. Morey is leaving the theater in June after 28 years of service. The community is invited to attend the event.
Each year, Pioneer Theatre Company presents the Bravo! Award to an individual, foundation or corporation in recognition of significant contributions to PTC, the arts and the community. Morey is currently the longest-tenured artistic director of any major American regional theater.
During his time at PTC, Morey worked to broaden PTC's repertoire, professionalize the theater and improve the quality of productions. He also spearheaded the theater's New Plays Initiative, which has resulted in three world premieres (two of which have been subsequently optioned for Broadway), three commissions and a number of developmental workshops.
Morey also has served as a panelist and on-site evaluator for the National Endowment for the Arts, on the Board of Trustees of the National Theatre Conference and has authored 10 plays — the newest of which, an adaptation of "Figaro," will receive its world premiere in New York this fall.
For more information, call Diane Parisi at 801-581-6960.
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Suspenseful 'Maze Runner' dodges limitations...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Paintbrushes, fairy tales and chore charts:...
- Summer movie season wasn't so bad for 'the...
- The latest ‘Godzilla’ reboot...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 2