SALT LAKE CITY — Pioneer Theatre Company will present its 2012 Bravo! Award to PTC's longtime artistic director, Charles Morey, at its spring gala on May 4. Morey is leaving the theater in June after 28 years of service. The community is invited to attend the event.
Each year, Pioneer Theatre Company presents the Bravo! Award to an individual, foundation or corporation in recognition of significant contributions to PTC, the arts and the community. Morey is currently the longest-tenured artistic director of any major American regional theater.
During his time at PTC, Morey worked to broaden PTC's repertoire, professionalize the theater and improve the quality of productions. He also spearheaded the theater's New Plays Initiative, which has resulted in three world premieres (two of which have been subsequently optioned for Broadway), three commissions and a number of developmental workshops.
Morey also has served as a panelist and on-site evaluator for the National Endowment for the Arts, on the Board of Trustees of the National Theatre Conference and has authored 10 plays — the newest of which, an adaptation of "Figaro," will receive its world premiere in New York this fall.
For more information, call Diane Parisi at 801-581-6960.
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Julie Andrews missed NBC's live 'Sound of Music'
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Ballet West's 'Nutcracker' a splendid success
- About Utah: After 72 years, Keith Hottinger...
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 17
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million... 13
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound... 12
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9
- Toddler basketball star,... 5
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: What if negative... 4
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition... 2