SALT LAKE CITY — Pioneer Theatre Company will present its 2012 Bravo! Award to PTC's longtime artistic director, Charles Morey, at its spring gala on May 4. Morey is leaving the theater in June after 28 years of service. The community is invited to attend the event.
Each year, Pioneer Theatre Company presents the Bravo! Award to an individual, foundation or corporation in recognition of significant contributions to PTC, the arts and the community. Morey is currently the longest-tenured artistic director of any major American regional theater.
During his time at PTC, Morey worked to broaden PTC's repertoire, professionalize the theater and improve the quality of productions. He also spearheaded the theater's New Plays Initiative, which has resulted in three world premieres (two of which have been subsequently optioned for Broadway), three commissions and a number of developmental workshops.
Morey also has served as a panelist and on-site evaluator for the National Endowment for the Arts, on the Board of Trustees of the National Theatre Conference and has authored 10 plays — the newest of which, an adaptation of "Figaro," will receive its world premiere in New York this fall.
For more information, call Diane Parisi at 801-581-6960.
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- The Clean Cut: 'Dancing grandpa' throws down...
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- Sherry Young: Moving — a life changing...
- 'Arrow' makes Green Arrow less goofy
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip... 3
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough... 2
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 2
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 2
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1
- 11 cartoon characters who buck stereotypes 1
- Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton can't... 1