Ng Han Guan, Associated Press
PYONGYANG, North Korea — North Korea says leader Kim Jong Un has been named first secretary of the Workers' Party in what appears to be a new top party post.
Meanwhile, his late father, Kim Jong Il, was declared "eternal" general secretary of the ruling party at a special conference held Wednesday in Pyongyang.
The news came as North Korea puts the final touches on fueling a rocket it intends to send into space soon.
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
- Oscar Pistorius starts serving 5-year prison...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 40
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 23
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 20
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9