Ng Han Guan, Associated Press
PYONGYANG, North Korea — North Korea says leader Kim Jong Un has been named first secretary of the Workers' Party in what appears to be a new top party post.
Meanwhile, his late father, Kim Jong Il, was declared "eternal" general secretary of the ruling party at a special conference held Wednesday in Pyongyang.
The news came as North Korea puts the final touches on fueling a rocket it intends to send into space soon.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- Suicide vest found in Paris raises possible...
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- Tunisian president declares state of...
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 37
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 37
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 28
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Rep. Mia Love endorses Marco Rubio for... 22
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 13