Ng Han Guan, Associated Press
PYONGYANG, North Korea — North Korea says leader Kim Jong Un has been named first secretary of the Workers' Party in what appears to be a new top party post.
Meanwhile, his late father, Kim Jong Il, was declared "eternal" general secretary of the ruling party at a special conference held Wednesday in Pyongyang.
The news came as North Korea puts the final touches on fueling a rocket it intends to send into space soon.
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- US, Arab allies hit IS strongholds in Syria,...
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking?
- Police say rifle carried by ambush suspect found
- Obama scores coalition victory with Arab strikes
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- Private actions are company business
- Obama scores coalition victory with... 20
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 16
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 14
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 11
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 10
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 9
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9