Ng Han Guan, Associated Press
PYONGYANG, North Korea — North Korea says leader Kim Jong Un has been named first secretary of the Workers' Party in what appears to be a new top party post.
Meanwhile, his late father, Kim Jong Il, was declared "eternal" general secretary of the ruling party at a special conference held Wednesday in Pyongyang.
The news came as North Korea puts the final touches on fueling a rocket it intends to send into space soon.
- University of Phoenix founder dies, leaving...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- A New York Times article said Michael Brown...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death...
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately at...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 33
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- 10 things to know about corporate... 27
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 24
- Obama back at White House after summer... 17
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14