Utah Utes football: WR DeVonte Christopher primed for his senior season
Christopher's extensive background as a quarterback has proven to be quite valuable. Whittingham said his understanding of coverages and defensive structures is quite helpful. It's something the Utes expect all of their players on offense to know.
"It's part of being a complete player," Whittingham explained. "You can't just know your little area, you've got to see the big picture."
And that's exactly how Christopher sees things. He's determined to have a big senior season as part of an offense that ranks among the nation's elite.
"That's our goal. We don't want to just be good. We want to be great," Christopher said. "That comes with everybody's single play cultivating into a team effort. So I definitely want to come out and play well this fall."
EXTRA POINTS: After Tuesday's practice at Rice-Eccles Stadium, Whittingham said that the Utes had another positive day. He noted that they really haven't had a bad practice yet this spring. ... Utah has five spring practices remaining. The next one is Thursday from 3-5 p.m., at Rice-Eccles Stadium. ... Running back Kelvin York spent Tuesday in "the Pit" after spraining his knee in last week's scrimmage. He's expected to be back in practice as early as Thursday. Same goes for cornerback Ryan Lacy, who Whittingham said got "dinged" a couple of practices ago and has been held out of action for precautionary reasons. ... Whittingham acknowledged that several veterans, including Lacy, defensive tackle Star Lotulelei, linebacker Trevor Reilly and running back John White, will be held out of this Saturday's scrimmage.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Believe it or not: QB Travis Wilson is set to...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 67
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 38
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 32
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 29
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 29
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 25