Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
As a loyal Ute fan, I am in favor of keeping the annual Ute/Cougar football rivalry. It is a wonderful tradition, and I am fond of tradition. It is a rivalry that has been active since the Coach LaVell Edwards era and when BYU decided to build a program and take football seriously.
Before that, the Utes sent their second team to the game to earn their letters. Now it is one of the best rivalries in the nation. It stirs up the fans, it is a profitable event and it is fun. Let's keep it going every year.
I am one who cheers for both teams, except when the Cougars play the Utes.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- Greg Bell: Too many steering wheels in Utah's...
- In our opinion: Inconsistency in school test...
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the result...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0
- Letter: Buy American