Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
As a loyal Ute fan, I am in favor of keeping the annual Ute/Cougar football rivalry. It is a wonderful tradition, and I am fond of tradition. It is a rivalry that has been active since the Coach LaVell Edwards era and when BYU decided to build a program and take football seriously.
Before that, the Utes sent their second team to the game to earn their letters. Now it is one of the best rivalries in the nation. It stirs up the fans, it is a profitable event and it is fun. Let's keep it going every year.
I am one who cheers for both teams, except when the Cougars play the Utes.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 31