Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
As a loyal Ute fan, I am in favor of keeping the annual Ute/Cougar football rivalry. It is a wonderful tradition, and I am fond of tradition. It is a rivalry that has been active since the Coach LaVell Edwards era and when BYU decided to build a program and take football seriously.
Before that, the Utes sent their second team to the game to earn their letters. Now it is one of the best rivalries in the nation. It stirs up the fans, it is a profitable event and it is fun. Let's keep it going every year.
I am one who cheers for both teams, except when the Cougars play the Utes.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 30
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 17
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14