Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
As a loyal Ute fan, I am in favor of keeping the annual Ute/Cougar football rivalry. It is a wonderful tradition, and I am fond of tradition. It is a rivalry that has been active since the Coach LaVell Edwards era and when BYU decided to build a program and take football seriously.
Before that, the Utes sent their second team to the game to earn their letters. Now it is one of the best rivalries in the nation. It stirs up the fans, it is a profitable event and it is fun. Let's keep it going every year.
I am one who cheers for both teams, except when the Cougars play the Utes.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28