Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
As a loyal Ute fan, I am in favor of keeping the annual Ute/Cougar football rivalry. It is a wonderful tradition, and I am fond of tradition. It is a rivalry that has been active since the Coach LaVell Edwards era and when BYU decided to build a program and take football seriously.
Before that, the Utes sent their second team to the game to earn their letters. Now it is one of the best rivalries in the nation. It stirs up the fans, it is a profitable event and it is fun. Let's keep it going every year.
I am one who cheers for both teams, except when the Cougars play the Utes.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 54
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Capitalism and the common good:... 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36