Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
As a loyal Ute fan, I am in favor of keeping the annual Ute/Cougar football rivalry. It is a wonderful tradition, and I am fond of tradition. It is a rivalry that has been active since the Coach LaVell Edwards era and when BYU decided to build a program and take football seriously.
Before that, the Utes sent their second team to the game to earn their letters. Now it is one of the best rivalries in the nation. It stirs up the fans, it is a profitable event and it is fun. Let's keep it going every year.
I am one who cheers for both teams, except when the Cougars play the Utes.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- Ralph Hancock: 'Reason' is difficult to...
- In our opinion: The breach between mass...
- Letter: Removing rights
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- David Blankenhorn: Overcoming the blindness...
- Letter: Excess political science
- Drew Clark: Deeply felt religious faith, of...
- Letter: We deserve better
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second... 91
- In our opinion: The breach between mass... 59
- Letter: Greater security 51
- Letter: Removing rights 39
- Letter: Excess political science 34
- Letter: Our French Revolution 31
- Ralph Hancock: 'Reason' is difficult to... 29
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil... 26