The News Journal, Suchat Pederson) NO SALES, Associated Press
WILMINGTON, Del. — Republican presidential front-runner Mitt Romney says Rick Santorum will continue to play an important role in the Republican Party and the nation's politics.
A few hours after Santorum suspended his presidential bid Tuesday, Romney told cheering Delaware voters that, in his words, "this has been a good day for me."
Romney says he and Santorum spoke Tuesday and discussed ways to move the nation forward.
Romney quickly pivoted to an attack on President Barack Obama's handling of the economy. He said women in particular have lost many jobs under Obama's administration.
Delaware's GOP primary is April 24.
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on state...
- Feds chase treasure hunter turned fugitive
- The best (and worst) states when it comes to...
- Deaths in storm drains raise safety issue
- Britain mourns aid worker slain by Islamic...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 65
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 23
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- US, Arab allies committed to fighting... 15
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 11