The News Journal, Suchat Pederson) NO SALES, Associated Press
WILMINGTON, Del. — Republican presidential front-runner Mitt Romney says Rick Santorum will continue to play an important role in the Republican Party and the nation's politics.
A few hours after Santorum suspended his presidential bid Tuesday, Romney told cheering Delaware voters that, in his words, "this has been a good day for me."
Romney says he and Santorum spoke Tuesday and discussed ways to move the nation forward.
Romney quickly pivoted to an attack on President Barack Obama's handling of the economy. He said women in particular have lost many jobs under Obama's administration.
Delaware's GOP primary is April 24.
- A decade after welcoming wind, states reconsider
- Chaffetz calls Secret Service resignation...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Charging documents show Phelps DUI tied to...
- US Ebola case stokes concerns for Liberians...
- Jail ordered for Idaho man in FLDS abuse case
- More bodies found on Japanese volcano; toll...
- Saudi overhaul reshapes Islam's holiest city...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 40
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 24
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 14
- Obama seeks traction on economy amid... 14
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 13
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- Chaffetz calls Secret Service... 11
- Obama goal of Gitmo closure stalled at... 10