The News Journal, Suchat Pederson) NO SALES, Associated Press
WILMINGTON, Del. — Republican presidential front-runner Mitt Romney says Rick Santorum will continue to play an important role in the Republican Party and the nation's politics.
A few hours after Santorum suspended his presidential bid Tuesday, Romney told cheering Delaware voters that, in his words, "this has been a good day for me."
Romney says he and Santorum spoke Tuesday and discussed ways to move the nation forward.
Romney quickly pivoted to an attack on President Barack Obama's handling of the economy. He said women in particular have lost many jobs under Obama's administration.
Delaware's GOP primary is April 24.
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Our six heroes of 2014
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Ex-President George H.W. Bush to stay...
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan combat
- Final goodbye: A roll call of some who died...
- Capacity crowds pack screenings of 'The...
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5