The News Journal, Suchat Pederson) NO SALES, Associated Press
WILMINGTON, Del. — Republican presidential front-runner Mitt Romney says Rick Santorum will continue to play an important role in the Republican Party and the nation's politics.
A few hours after Santorum suspended his presidential bid Tuesday, Romney told cheering Delaware voters that, in his words, "this has been a good day for me."
Romney says he and Santorum spoke Tuesday and discussed ways to move the nation forward.
Romney quickly pivoted to an attack on President Barack Obama's handling of the economy. He said women in particular have lost many jobs under Obama's administration.
Delaware's GOP primary is April 24.
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's...
- A GDP showdown: How do state GDP numbers line...
- Obama to announce immigration action Thursday
- Police: Gunman killed after shooting at FSU
- What missing class in Kindergarten means for...
- Jennifer Lawrence: Privacy loss that...
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 44
- Pope announces U.S. visit, greets... 34
- Obama to announce immigration action... 28
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 20
- Gay marriage issue squarely before high... 15
- Japan slides into recession as tax hike... 14
- Republicans: Keystone pipeline down,... 13
- US cities brace for protests off... 11