Gingrich pledges to stay in GOP race until convention to give conservatives 'a real choice'
WASHINGTON (AP) — Newt Gingrich pledges to stay in GOP race until convention to give conservatives 'a real choice'
In most states, Rick Santorum's delegates can now support any candidate they choose.
Gingrich, who has been splitting the votes of those who questioned Mitt Romney's conservative credentials with Santorum, made an immediate play for his supporters.
He said the former senator's campaign was "a testament to his tenacity and the power of conservative principles.
"I am committed to staying in this race all the way to Tampa so that the conservative movement has a real choice. I humbly ask Senator Santorum's supporters to visit Newt.org to review my conservative record and join us as we bring these values to Tampa."
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Our six heroes of 2014
- Final goodbye: A roll call of some who died...
- Ex-President George H.W. Bush to stay...
- Blizzard gives Hawaii summits a White Christmas
- CDC monitoring laboratory technician for...
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5