Gingrich pledges to stay in GOP race until convention to give conservatives 'a real choice'
WASHINGTON (AP) — Newt Gingrich pledges to stay in GOP race until convention to give conservatives 'a real choice'
In most states, Rick Santorum's delegates can now support any candidate they choose.
Gingrich, who has been splitting the votes of those who questioned Mitt Romney's conservative credentials with Santorum, made an immediate play for his supporters.
He said the former senator's campaign was "a testament to his tenacity and the power of conservative principles.
"I am committed to staying in this race all the way to Tampa so that the conservative movement has a real choice. I humbly ask Senator Santorum's supporters to visit Newt.org to review my conservative record and join us as we bring these values to Tampa."
- Abercrombie & Fitch CEO posts statement on...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Brave woman tried to reason with London...
- One third of millenials regret going to college
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- Boy Scouts change policy to open membership...
- Salt Lake City ranked the 14th healthiest...
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 34
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- White House insists Obama was not... 22
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say... 21
- IRS official Lerner invokes Fifth... 21
- More Obama aides knew IRS targeted... 19