Our take: LDS Living asked its readers to share advice they would give to their 21-year-old selves. One woman emphasized the importance of wearing sunscreen, and another shared the value of putting God first. One man advised against taking counsel from fear, and one warned about wasting time on Facebook. Check out this mix of spiritual and temporal advice.
Only care about what the Lord thinks and not other people. Everything else just seems to fall into place when that is my focus.
— Anne; Arizona
Volunteer. Someone could use your help and youll get a better feeling that lasts longer. Youre poor, so act like itthat is, in terms of spending. Learn about every good thing you can; the more you learn about something, the more interesting it will become.
— Danny McClure; Blacksburg, Virginia
Dont get a credit card in college.
Listen to your parents and your friends. If they dont like the person youre dating, theres probably a good reason.
Pick your battles. Decide what is worth fighting over and then dont sweat the rest of it.
Its fine for other people to win arguments.
Apologize even when you dont think something was your fault. It never hurts, and if it mends fences, its good.
Worry less about what other people think about you.
— Rachel Ausband; Marblehead, Massachusetts
Words of wisdom I received from my grandmother: I decided that life was too short to go around feeling offended, so I just decided to never be offended. This mindset has saved me considerable emotional energy over the years. Try to see the big picture, give the other person the benefit of the doubt, and always make the choice to not be offended.
— Elizabeth Forsyth; Doylestown, Pennsylvania
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Public invited to funeral services for Sister...
- Canadian Mormon missionaries remember Sister...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 32
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 22
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17
- Hundreds of teens in Southern... 12
- Public invited to funeral services for... 9