Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The injury-plagued Utah Jazz are going to sign a D-League sharpshooter to bolster the team's depleted wing depth.
Missouri State product Blake Ahearn will join the team on a 10-day contract.
The 27-year-old scored a D-League-best 23.8 points per game with the Reno Bighorns this season. He shot 40 percent from 3-point range and hit 96 percent from the free-throw line. He also averaged 5.1 assists.
The Jazz have not released today's MRI results for injured players C.J. Miles (calf) and Earl Watson (knee), who were both hurt in Sunday's loss at San Antonio.
Utah is already down two wings in Raja Bell and Josh Howard, who are dealing with knee issues.
The Jazz currently have two healthy point guards in Devin Harris and Jamaal Tinsley but only three shooting guards and small forwards in Gordon Hayward, Alec Burks and DeMarre Carroll. Power forwards Paul Millsap and Jeremy Evans can also play the three.
The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Ahearn has 15 games of NBA experience with Miami and San Antonio.
According to KSDK.com, Ahearn is flying to Utah tonight and will travel with the Jazz for their three-game road trip, which begins Wednesday in Houston.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 91
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 76
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 50
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 36