Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The injury-plagued Utah Jazz are going to sign a D-League sharpshooter to bolster the team's depleted wing depth.
Missouri State product Blake Ahearn will join the team on a 10-day contract.
The 27-year-old scored a D-League-best 23.8 points per game with the Reno Bighorns this season. He shot 40 percent from 3-point range and hit 96 percent from the free-throw line. He also averaged 5.1 assists.
The Jazz have not released today's MRI results for injured players C.J. Miles (calf) and Earl Watson (knee), who were both hurt in Sunday's loss at San Antonio.
Utah is already down two wings in Raja Bell and Josh Howard, who are dealing with knee issues.
The Jazz currently have two healthy point guards in Devin Harris and Jamaal Tinsley but only three shooting guards and small forwards in Gordon Hayward, Alec Burks and DeMarre Carroll. Power forwards Paul Millsap and Jeremy Evans can also play the three.
The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Ahearn has 15 games of NBA experience with Miami and San Antonio.
According to KSDK.com, Ahearn is flying to Utah tonight and will travel with the Jazz for their three-game road trip, which begins Wednesday in Houston.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27